close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 22, 23, 27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by FChen17213, Dec 26, 2002.

1. FChen17213

FChen17213

Do any of you all out there have all three? Which is your favorite? I have a 23 and it's a pretty good gun. I shot a Glock 26 and absolutely loved it. Hell, I shot it better than a Glock 17. However, due to the interchangeability of magazines, I thought about getting a 27. I've never shot a 27 so I don't know how it shoots compared to a 26 but I can guess that it's got a little more kick which is fine for me. I also had a question about my 23. When I load 5 rounds in the magazine at the range, I frequently get a malfunction at the end. I can only fire 4 rounds. On the fourth shot, the last cartridge on top of the magazine gets flung out with the brass. Now maybe, I'm just not properly holding the gun, but I can produce some pretty good groups shooting so I don't think that's the problem. It seems to happen sometimes with both magazines that were supplied with the gun so it's not the magazine either. I was using Winchester Whitebox ammo so that shouldn't be a problem either. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem before?

2. colson

colson

Have owned all three; like G27 best because it is the one that I can conceal 95% of the time. Recoil management is no problem if you stick to standard pressure ammo like Federal 155gr HS; the CORBON 135 grain and the Speer 165 grain seem to kick a bit more.
    Strange malfunction?!

3. ZackJones

ZackJones

I've owned two out of three you mentioned. The G22 I had was quite nice, I still own a G23 which is my primary carry gun. I've been wanting a G27 for quite a while but never seem to have the extra $$$ in my pocket to buy one yet. One day I will and I'll add one of those to my collection.

I've never had any feeding problems from any of the ammo I've fed any of the Glocks I've owned.

Zack

4. EON

EON

I have all three. I probably like the G-23 the best. Carry it as a duty gun. Love my G-27 for concealed carry. Bought the G-22 originally as a carry gun, decided I liked the G-23 better. Now I am having fun with the G-22, changing barrels (ported barrels, .357 Sig barrells, etc.) even bought an Aerotek sight rail for it and have mounted a Red Dot sight.

I am looking for a G-17L to move the Aerotek rail and Red Dot to. I will probably then use the G-22 primarily with the .357 Sig barrell.

I have never had the problem with my G-23 that you mention. I sometimes use Winchester White box as range ammo without any problems. I probably put a couple of hundred rounds a month through the gun.

Have you tried any additional magazines? It might be possible that there is (was) a bad lot of mags.

I haven't had any problems with recoil on my G-27 but I have large hands. You could try the Pierce grip extensions even without extra rounds to give you a little bigger handle (I only slightly reduces the concealibilty). I also use a G-23 magazine in my G-27 with the grip filler on occassion, this gives you a nearly full size grip. (this one does affect the concealability).

I think you would enjoy the G-27 and the magazine interchangability is a real plus.

Happy Shooting.

5. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

When I load 5 rounds in the magazine at the range, I frequently get a malfunction at the end. I can only fire 4 rounds.

Perhaps the better question is why are you only putting 5 rounds into a perfectly good 10 rnd mag?????:) :)

I have a 23 and love it. Never had that problem or even heard of it. You say you are losing the last round with the ejected brass of the 4th!!?? Very whacky...nothing comes to mind. If its repeatable maybe your local gunny can look at it.

6. Trsnrtr

Trsnrtr

I own two G22s and a G27. Does that count?

7. olddude

olddude

I have just bought a G-22. This gives me a 21 22 23 The g-22
    has a sharp edge in the front. The mag covers it but when i have
    it unloaded it still is a small problem. I had a G-35 and sold it
    and boy am i sorry. The 35 was verry accurate. I have not shot
    the G22 yet it yet but it will be hard to beat the G-23. Happy Holidays
    olddude ;a

8. FChen17213

FChen17213

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will take the gun to a gunsmith and have him analyze that weird problem. The other thing was that the gun used to shoot 100% with 0 malfunctions whatsoever. Oh well, maybe I'll get some new mags. Does anyone know if there is still a place to buy Glocks for $430? I actually got a new 23 for $430 a while back. You just have to look online and there will be some sporting goods shops with them. $430 plus shipping and FFL transfer/background check fees probably total to around $475 or so. I think that certainly beats buying one at the local shop for $500 plus tax plus background check fees. Do you all know how the Glock 36 compares to the 26/27 sizewise? I know the 36 is probably thinner but the 26/27 are smaller in every other dimension. Most people I know do not consider the 30/36 a subcompact gun but rather on par with the 19/23 as a regular compact.