Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on another forum that there was some issues with the 21sf's trigger. They mentioned that it was a little rough and tougher than the 21. I am wondering if this is true or if this has been fixed?

·
Banned
402 Posts
I read on another forum that there was some issues with the 21sf's trigger. They mentioned that it was a little rough and tougher than the 21. I am wondering if this is true or if this has been fixed?
Nonsense! My new 21SF's are about the smoothest action Glocks I've had since 1990. Don't let rumors keep you from enjoying these improved designs.

When someone reports their unique experience/opinion/observation/problem it shouldn't imply that all similar items suffer from the same possible problem, right? So why let these forum fantasies stop you from enjoying your Glock? :dunno:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I know that one of the very few mechanical items in the glock that changed was the trigger action. I just wanted to clarify cause its sounded fishy.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
No difference. I have two standards and an SF.

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
:) Don't believe everything you hear on the internet! ;)

·
Registered
928 Posts
My 21SF trigger seems a bit stiffer than the 23 or 27 triggers I am used to. But it may be because of the larger grip making my smaller hands not have as much leverage.

·
Cold Infidel
820 Posts
I too have a recently purchased 21sf, with stock trigger. It seems exactly the same as other glocks I've had with stock triggers. I don't have any problems with it.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
We have numerous G21SF's with no problems or complaints about the trigger. I personally have a G21SF and a G30SF that are fine. As a matter of fact, they are some of the best pistols I have. Don't believe the INTERNET lure and crap.

·
WITNC2
382 Posts
Well, not trying to provide any 'internet crap' on here, but I got one of the earliest G21SF's with standard rail and ambi release. LOVE the grip change. So much, that I now carry it instead of my former G22 on duty. I had a standard G21 in 1998, and could never get used to the grip, and sold it. Now, I am happy with the G21SF.

But, the trigger pull, even after about 500 rounds, was noticeably stiffer than all other glocks that I have fired in the past. Upon inspection, everything seemed good. I ended up replacing the trigger bar, and the pull is now on par with the other glocks that I own.

I attribute this situation with a combination of two things:

1. The redesigned G21SF trigger mech housing puts the connector at a steeper angle, making correct trigger bar specs much more critical.
2. A round of sub-par trigger bars were produced, and showed up in early G21SF's.

So, don't let the possible trigger issue stop you from buying one. The problem is probably well worked out... and if not, just buy a new $8 trigger bar, and call it good.

By the way, after ironing out the trigger, the 21SF is my current duty gun, and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a G21SF and the trigger is heavier than all my other Glocks. I changed out the connector with a Lone Wolf 3.5# connector and replaced the factory 5# trigger spring with a Wolf 6# trigger spring and it only dropped the trigger pull weight by 10oz. I swapped out the connector with 2 others from Lone Wolf and a factory 4.5# connector with the same results. I tried the same mods on a friends G21SF and had the same bad luck. I have yet to swap out the trigger bar for a new one. So far my experience with the G21SF is that they have a slightly heavier trigger pull and this was confirmed with my Lymann's digital trigger pull guage that I have used on many many Glocks that I have done trigger mods on.

·
WITNC2
382 Posts
I have a G21SF and the trigger is heavier than all my other Glocks. I changed out the connector with a Lone Wolf 3.5# connector and replaced the factory 5# trigger spring with a Wolf 6# trigger spring and it only dropped the trigger pull weight by 10oz. I swapped out the connector with 2 others from Lone Wolf and a factory 4.5# connector with the same results. I tried the same mods on a friends G21SF and had the same bad luck. I have yet to swap out the trigger bar for a new one. So far my experience with the G21SF is that they have a slightly heavier trigger pull and this was confirmed with my Lymann's digital trigger pull guage that I have used on many many Glocks that I have done trigger mods on.
Yep, the new trigger housing has changed the realtionship between the connector and the trigger bar enough that, it is resulting in a much stiffer trigger pull. Add to that, a trigger bar that might be on the outermost limits of acceptable spec, and you have a heavy, crappy, and crunchy trigger pull. I had to try various spare trigger bars, until one seemed to smooth it out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yep, the new trigger housing has changed the relationship between the connector and the trigger bar enough that, it is resulting in a much stiffer trigger pull. Add to that, a trigger bar that might be on the outermost limits of acceptable spec, and you have a heavy, crappy, and crunchy trigger pull. I had to try various spare trigger bars, until one seemed to smooth it out.

It's good to know I'm not nuts. My wife and I were dry firing my model 20 VS my 21SF and I said that I thought the 21SF was much stiffer. I know that it has only been out a short time, but has there been any reliability issues with the setup to report?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts