Glock Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling on the experts
I own two Glock 21 SF Ambi’s
Both have a 1913 rail and not the usual GR. They came with factory GNS and were “born” in 2007. One functions perfectly and the other’s magazine release sticks. No parts are broken ( yet ) but the magazine release button will stay depressed. Glock says that they’d be happy to replace these with with Gen 3
or Gen 4 models. In fact they suggested replacement. I bought some magazine release buttons and springs from Glockmeister, just in case…
Do these have any real value or should I just send ‘em to Glock? I’m an LEO and a shooter. Not really a collector. If the consensus is to keep them, does anyone know who might look at the mag release, on the sticky one?
Very respectfully
john

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
I'd say they have some value. As you found out, Glock is replacing them with standard Gen 3 frames (with different serials). So every time one gets sent in, the number in the wild goes down. If it were me, I'd diagnose & repair, or sell to someone else before I'd send it to Glock.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say they have some value. As you found out, Glock is replacing them with standard Gen 3 frames (with different serials). So every time one gets sent in, the number in the wild goes down. If it were me, I'd diagnose & repair, or sell to someone else before I'd send it to Glock.
Thank you The one I shoot and carry has been flawless The one with the sticky magazine release, was purchased as a second or back up to the first. It may have 100 rnd’s through it
I half wonder if the mag release button and spring, might use the tiniest drop of oil, to work properly…
j

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I recently added one to my collection just to have an example of it - in other words, it’s not “collector” grade (mint w/all accessories). I was able to get it for the price of a typical used G21.

If your’s is mint with all accessories, there should be some premium associated to it but so far these haven’t found significant interest of collectors (yet?).

58’s advice is sound and would be my personal choice. But you probably won’t be giving away someone’s college education in future value if you didn’t keep them.

A drop of oil won’t hurt. If it doesn’t solve the problem, wipe it off. 😎

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently added one to my collection just to have an example of it - in other words, it’s not “collector” grade (mint w/all accessories). I was able to get it for the price of a typical used G21.

If your’s is mint with all accessories, there should be some premium associated to it but so far these haven’t found significant interest of collectors (yet?).

58’s advice is sound and would be my personal choice. But you probably won’t be giving away someone’s college education in future value if you didn’t keep them.

A drop of oil won’t hurt. If it doesn’t solve the problem, wipe it off. 😎
Thank you very much I like the pistol’s and they shoot well…

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I sent mine to Glock on their dime. The Glock tech called me the following afternoon and asked me to pick any Glock as a replacement. The next day a new gen4 G30sf arrived at my front door 🚪.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
As USSOCOM's experience exemplifies, they're at least worth the price of a brand new Glock. I think the company is more than happy to replace these because it was a less than stellar chapter in company history (from a reliability standpoint) and they'd prefer not to have any of these floating around. At present, I have not observed a tremendous amount of collector interest in those guns but sometimes at auction they will go for as high as $700. As the Glock collector pool expands, this is one of the guns that should get some extra attention both for rarity and uniqueness. As Sniper pointed out, the pool of available examples is dwindling over time and having one near new in box would be worth stashing. However, for your practical purposes (a backup gun) it's worthless if it doesn't work. So if you don't have the funds or the interest to replace with a different 21, then you certainly could pass this one along to a collector and get what you're needing for practical use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts