Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assume both are 4th generation, and printing is a non-issue, also assume you have average sized hands.

Which gun would you want for carry, and why? (This is my dilema, if FL goes OC, then I'm going to want one of these guns for carried, and I will be concealing, but really not carrying if I print.)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Assume both are 4th generation, and printing is a non-issue, also assume you have average sized hands.

Which gun would you want for carry, and why? (This is my dilema, if FL goes OC, then I'm going to want one of these guns for carried, and I will be concealing, but really not carrying if I print.)
I prefer the GAP round over ACP, so G37 for me.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have shot but never carried a mod. 37. I own a 21SF and love it. I prefer the .45 ACP just because it has been around for ever and no matter where you go you will be able to find ammo for it. I also own a mod. 36, which I carry most of the time. All three are great guns I just like the tried and true.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ACP over GAP

#1 Reason is try to find 45 GAP in the stores....not around here? Logistics, logistics, logistics, clearly makes the .45 ACP #1:whistling:

·
Semper Paratus
408 Posts
I have a 21. I owned a GAP gun for a bit on an impulse buy but the ammo here was too steep for my blood. Not that ACP is much better, but Branned is right. Ammo has to have common access in my eyes.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Since 1911, the 45 acp has been the premier round.

Why carry only 10 rounds max in the G37 mag when you can have 13 in a Glock 21?

If you have small hands, grab a G31 not a G37.

Some LEAs just do not want to pay for the higher training costs for the ammo or getting officers qualified with a stouter round.

As a reloader, i will tell you, the last great caliber made was by SIG not Glock.

The 357 sig round delivers serious FPE in a smaller package.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not a GAP vs ACP for me. Since they're close in size, I prefer the larger gun for the large bullet.

I don't mind the grip size. I use the hogue.

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
I have a 21, and 10 other ACPs.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
37 feels better in my hand

·
20,411 Posts
I have owned and carried a G21 and a G30, but prefer a G37 to the G21 or G21SF and prefer the G38 to the G30 or G30SF. When pocket carry is my only option, I carry my G39 in a Galco horsehide pocket holster or an Alabama Kydex Pocket Holster.

Holsters used:

Raven Ghost--all three GAP's
Raven Phantom--G38
Blade-Tech Nano IWB--G38 and G39
Blade-Tech OWB--G37 and G38
Blade-Tech Paddle--G39
Galco Fanny Pak--G38 & G39
Galco Horsehide Pocket Holster--G39
Alabama Kydex Pocket Holster--G39
Belly Band--G39

·
20,411 Posts
Since the FL Highway Patrol has issued the Gen4 G37 and Gen3 G39, GAP ammo should become more readily available in FL. Officers began the transition in June 2010.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
This is more of a caliber choice, if anything. Weight might/could be a factor if you were limited to 10+1 only, but it still comes down to caliber choice.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Do you like the feel of the 21sf or do you like the 9/357/40/45gap frame?
That's a better question

I like the G20/21 size frame as the full size
I like the G19/23/32/38 size frame over the G29/30
And the sub-compacts are in their own

GAP or ACP, I just like the big bullet

1 - 20 of 45 Posts