close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 Slide

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by matai, Jan 31, 2010.

1. matai

matai

Hey, I have a G20 right now and would like to get a G21 slide for it. Does anybody know what the best way to do this would be?

Going the Lone Wolf route it'd cost about $520 for just the slide, I could buy a whole G21 for that and I would prefer a standard Glock slide.

I'm also thinking about buying a G21SF, keeping my G20 slide and selling the G20 frame. Is that possible? Would anybody buy it?

Any tips for me?

Thanks!

2. stonestreet

stonestreet Glocklover

I have a G21SF (the whole gun) and love it. Not sure who would want to buy a frame for a gun without the slide and then turn around and have to pay almost full price of a gun just for a slide so I dont think that anyone would buy it but I could be wrong. Just my .02. G21SF is fantastic too by the way. And while we're on .45's, I held the FN .45 caliber gun today the gun was so huge. It had a 15 capacity magazine of .45ACP! But it was unbelievably huge and hard to tell how it shoots. Felt like I was holding a brick in my hand. I wasn't impressed.

3. matai

matai

I actually love the FNP 45, the grip fits me great, but I'm holding out for the tactical model thats coming out.

I like the idea of having "one gun" that will shoot multiple calibers. For my Glock when I'm done it will shoot:

.22lr, .357SIG, .40S&W, 10mm, .45ACP

All with the same trigger. I got similar things going on with a Sig and CZ too, guess I just like versatility.

4. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

I have the Glock 21. Even after shooting the 1911A1's, 44 magnums, big Redhawks and "N" frames, that model 21 strikes me as one huge hunk of pistol! Of course, my G36 is a lot smaller and more manageable but that 21 means business. It is a serious slab of hardware!

Incidentally, I bought the 21 used and TR Graham went all through it to bring it to 100%. Someone had installed a similar but incorrect part inside and Graham (the Glockmeister) worked his magic on it.

The slide had the black coating removed so it is very shiny and bright. I'm not sure why someone wanted to do that but it looks very distinctive so I'll just leave it like it is. I refer to it as my "whorehouse gun."

Flash

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  5. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

I suggest keeping a lookout on Gunbroker and any other firearms sites you fancy. I too have a 20, and 18 months ago I landed a complete 21 upper half on Gunbroker for a reasonable price. The reasonable story I heard: In some police departments, when a Glock is seized as contraband and must be destroyed, they destroy ONLY the receiver, record the Glock as legally destroyed, and then make some money selling off the other lower parts and the complete upper. Whatever the status of this story, I found the 21 upper, AND also a complete 29 upper to use on a 30 lower. Do a search on the keywords GLOCK and SLIDE, and plow through the entry list; you may get lucky. I did.

6. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

Slides for sale come up from time to time, right here on Glocktalk.

I recently found a complete G20 slide/barrel down below in the classifieds for $200.