Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
20,407 Posts
I prefer 200-gr but think it should do just fine.

·
Cold Infidel
820 Posts
congrats dude, I love my 21sf too. I've put around 1100 rnds thru it since april. I have never had any malfunctions. It's super smooth, like recoil of any ammo I put through it is no sweat. As for 165 +p from cor-bon it's good, but I shoot Hornady 230 grn and Winchester sxt 230 grn with tighter groups. Double-tap playing cards from 10 yrds.

·
Banned
12,633 Posts
I shoot Hornaday XTP +P 230 gr extra penatration hp

·
Pitying Fools
2,370 Posts
My question is does anyone like Cor-Bon ammo and what is your opinion on the .45 Auto+P 165 gr JHP load as a home defense ammo in a Glock 21 SF.
I'm not a fan of CB ammo but I know people who are. I've tried the 165 before but prefer at least a 200gr. If it works well for you go for it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Shot placement. That being said, I shoot and carry a variety of ammo weight and brands. Corbon is a favorite however. I prefer Powerball, but the DPX is a good choice also.

When a long day comes to an end, I for one am glad to pack a little less weight. 14-165's are lighter than 14 230's. Many beleive the 230 grain hollowpoints are prefered for best one shot stop however. Some even carry ball ammo. Pick a reliable choice, buy alot, and practice with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use Hornady FPD 200gr +p. I figure that one of the advantages of the 45 is the heavier slug, so I stick with 230 or 200 grain.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I use Speer Gold Dot 230 gr. +p for home defense. I recently bought a box of 100 Remington UMC 230 gr. JHPs for $36 at Walmart so I think I'm going to stick with those. The box of 20 Gold Dots was about $22.
Good thing about the Remington is that you should shoot a decent amount of the loads you will use for SD in order to make sure they work well in your gun and you are comfortable and accurate with them.

Got a G21sf too and I love it! Works flawlessly every time and it is more accurate than I am.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts