close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 : Questionable?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lilwill000, Jan 20, 2003.

1. lilwill000

lilwill000

First off I'd like to say I'm new to these boards. I've been trolling them a bit while waiting for my account to be activated. I recently went out and got a Glock 21. Since I hit 21, the age you have to be to purchase a firearm here, I have started to collect. My friends all say that Glock is the best type of gun I'll ever own. Since they aren't around I'm asking you, what went wrong with mine?

What is the point of having a ten round magazine when I can't even safely get all the rounds in? The first time I loaded the magazine up and stuck it in the gun I had to actually use force to get it in there. Then when I went to pull back the slide it actually made a screeching noise. Thinking to myself, oh thats not right, I ejected the magazine and then the round. Upon inspection it seems as if the gun had torn through half the casing. No joke. My first and favorite gun was a little stiff when I first got it so I thought maybe it'll go away. After my trolling here I realized its not going to.

It seems like all the complaints from this forum were directed toward the same model I own. Or maybe it's just that I only noticed those because they concern me. Is there anything I can do to improve the gun. Better magazines? When I take the slide off it looks like I'm looking into a Kalideoscope with all the shavings.

Also, my dealer was out of the adjustable site model when I got mine so I went ahead and got a standard model. I'll probably end up getting some nifty night sights or something later on. Are they really worth it?

2. Hackit25

Hackit25

There is no need to load your gun as you are doing it. Lock the slide back, insert the magazine and then release the slide foward. That solves ALL your problems right there. After you have a round loaded in the chamber then top off your magazine and slam it into your pistol. The glock magazines are very tight sometimes when they are new. Give it some time and also use the magazine loader that came with the pistol.

3. lilwill000

lilwill000

That is a very helpful tip. I guess I just didn't think of that.

4. Egyas

Egyas Troll Hater

Don't take this personally, but I'm betting you didn't load the mag properly. I own a G21 and it was really tricky to load all 10 rounds in that clip until I "got the hang" of it. It also is much stiffer racking the slide when the mag. has 10 rounds in it. Try it with 9 and you'll notice the different. Anyway, until you get the hang of it, it is very easy to get round #10 seated "slightly off". I have done this before, and the top of the mag. seems to be "pinching" the round. If loaded properly, the clip will go in with a slight "wack" on the bottom (as in "slap it home") and it will feed properly.

5. lilwill000

lilwill000

Well tell me if I'm doing this wrong. I use the loading tool for those last couple of rounds. I get that last one about halfway in. Then I bring the tool up and push the bullet all the way back. Then I push down on the magazine with the tool and the last round goes click. How do you do it? Any tips are welcome.

6. lilwill000

lilwill000

Another question I had was, how are glocks with dry firing? I dry fire my Ruger (dont make fun of me) all the time. I play cops and robbers around my house alot... alone... no bullets...

7. Hackit25

Hackit25

There is nothing wrong with dry firing your glock. Its great practice to help your trigger pull as well. Your loading the magazine just fine. Only tip I can think of is as your bringing the tool up, constantly push the round backwards into the magazine. I highly recommend loading your pistol with the slide locked back as well.

8. lilwill000

lilwill000