close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 project for 45 Super... Help me decide

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by LDHunter, May 25, 2004.

1. LDHunter

LDHunter

Turbonatr has sparked my interest in 45 Super and my G36 is a bit light for it so I'm looking for a full sized pistol to make the most of the velocity potential of 45 Super.

I think I'm gonna get a G21 and a "custom" 5" barrel.

I know that a G30 would also be a good choice but I want the extra barrel length the G21 (or another gun) offers.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the G21, either positive or negative?

I've owned several Glocks including currently having a G20 but never a 21.

$bob$

2. noway

noway

Get the G21 and be happy.

I have a G21 with a barsto and 22lb spring just for the 45super/450smc that I've put thru it. Recoil is nothing and accuracy is great. Case support from the Barsto was more than adequate. Best part of it all, "I've put less than $650 into buying the gun+extra-bbl-spring".

The gun also can serve dual purpose as a good hunting hand-gun and a gun selfdefense gun. 13rds of 45acp is nothing to sneeze at. ;)

3. LDHunter

LDHunter

Noway,

Thanks for the info...

I imagine I'll get one pretty soon and hopefully we can do some terminal ballistic testing on these South Florida Piggies with our 45 Super's AND 10mm's... ;f

$bob$

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

For hunting, I'd strongly recommend either a Bar-Sto or KKM 6" barrel or the excellent KKM threaded barrel with compensator.

You'll find the G21 to be just about like your G20. I've shot well over 10,000 .400 Cor-bons and a few thousand .40 Supers through my G21. I prefer the threaded, compensated barrels for the really hot stuff.

I also believe you'll find your G20 to be superior to anything that you can put through a G21.