close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by davidf223, Jan 8, 2004.

1. davidf223

davidf223

When I insert a loaded magazine with the slide back on its catch it releases and slides home automatically. I'm use to the 1911 types where you must release the slide to chamber the round after magazine insertion. I don't think this is right but I'm really not too familiar with the glock as it is new for me. Any suggestions on this or what might be causing it? any help appreciated.

2. nigneil146

nigneil146

Are you shoving the mag in kinda hard? The force from you shoving the mag in makes the slide go to the rear a little and the slide stop releases letting the slide go forward. I can do it with my 30 but its kinda tricky.

3. Wicked96SS

Wicked96SS Typical Gun Nut Millennium Member

Depending on how hard I put the magazine in, it does it on my G19... and my G30, but not my G21... I rarely ever do that anyhow, don't need to put it in with a lot of force when at slide lock. Just consider it an "undocumented feature"! ;)

4. davidf223

davidf223

I guess I'm use to whacking the bottom of the mag with the palm of my hand and on the 1911's the slide holds. So this is not a problem but just a peculiarity with the G21? Or an undocumented feature as you say.

5. Wicked96SS

Wicked96SS Typical Gun Nut Millennium Member

My G21 doesnt' do it... but my G19 and my G30 do... dont' worry about it, I dont' think anything is wrong. Keep in mind, on the Glock, that is a slide STOP not a slide release. It is designed to slingshot it once it is locked back... so it is a bit "skimpy" for that reason.

6. 4eyes

4eyes Provocateur

When I insert a loaded magazine with the slide back on its catch it releases and slides home automatically. I'm use to the 1911 types where you must release the slide to chamber the round after magazine insertion. I don't think this is right but I'm really not too familiar with the glock as it is new for me. Any suggestions on this or what might be causing it? any help appreciated.

Slamming home a fresh mag and having the slide drop with no slide stop manipulation is a good feature during IDPA shooting, or anytime you are on the clock in action/practical pistol matches. Keep your finger out of the trigger guard during this procedure or the ROs will demand that you stop in the middle of a stage.

7. phorvick

phorvick

It is not a problem, it is a "feature"... absolutely nothing wrong.

8. davidf223

davidf223

thanks for all the info. I guess this clears it up.

9. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

it will not close. When you hit it at an angle it will close sometimes.