close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 Mags

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glockeagle, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Glockeagle

Glockeagle

Just got back from a local gun show where I purchased a NIB G21. Before purchasing, however, I asked the dealer if I could fully load each of the clips to ensure that they would accomodate the full 10 rounds. I did this because of all of the chatter on this forum about difficulty loading G21 mags to capacity. I'm happy to say that both mags will easily handle the full 10 rounds. This means that (1) Glock has responded to consumers by correcting the problem, (2) the problem isn't pervasive, or (3) I just got lucky on my purchase. Whatever, I'm now the proud owner of a full sized "Big Dawg". (GE)

2. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

I've always been able to load all my G21 10-round magazines with 10 rounds. It does take a little bit off effort to load #10 though, but it is very doable.

3. Quake Guy

Quake Guy Superior Member

Brand of ammo can make a huge difference in effort for that 10th round...

4. Egyas

Egyas Troll Hater

When I first got my 21 I thought I needed a thumb like Arnold's to get #10 into place. I was really beginning to think there was something wrong. After loading my first 2 mags a few times (and with the help a friend of mine who owned a G19) I realized that most of it is "in the style". Having "gotten used" to the mags, I now load them to #10 with no probloem at all. New shooters who have never loaded a Glock always have trouble with them. I actually watched a co-worker of myine load the 30 round clip for his Baretta 92FS faster than he could load a stock 10 rd G21 clip! lol :)

5. Church Key

Church Key

Got a really old G21 w/four 13 rounder's and recently bought four 10 rounder's. The 10 round mags are not cooperative, as three of them would only take nine rounds. No problems with the 13 rounders; they work fine. Left the 10 mags loaded with 9 for several months, then stuffed the final round in all of them. Several pointed up. Will unload in a week or so and reload them again. If they are not right, will replace their springs with Wolff springs. Glock does not quite understand the .45's.

6. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

The mags would not cooperate?????Don't you mean YOU could only load 9.Every ten round mag I have bought I 've been able to load all ten rounds! I suggest taking up some type of strength training!

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Gosh, I'm a weak old fart but have never experienced any problems loading my G21 10 round mags. Must be those bionic thumbs I had installed when I had my tonsils removed at age 6.;Q

8. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Come on now Danny, you may have a couple of years on ya ,but I can tell you stay on a strict physical exercise program, haven't you move from 12 oz. curls to 16 oz. curls?????;c ;f ;c ;c ;c

9. steelerfan

steelerfan Country Roads..

Never a problem with any Glock mag except for my 27. Trying to get the 9th round in those mags was like trying to get Ted Kennedy away from the buffet table.

10. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

HAAAA!HAAA! LMAO!!!!!
    You should have said "the bar is now open" that will get ole Ted away from food!!!!