close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 Kaboom?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HUNSKY, May 12, 2004.

1. HUNSKY

HUNSKY

how prevalent is the kaboom in the glock 21? i've read about numerous stories involving the glock 30, or 36. i have also read about the 21 and kaboom. now i understand that reloaded ammo is a no no, but most of these people have claimed not to of used reloads. how safe am i using the glock 21?

2. Big Sexy Glock

Big Sexy Glock

Safer than riding in an auotmobile everyday ... ^c

Use it , but more importantly , love , respect , clean and take care of it.

and , o yeah , shoot the living h*ll out of it . . . .
    ;)

3. MtnBiker

MtnBiker NRA Member Millennium Member

I've shot several thousand rounds of reloads through my G 30. It still works great!

I only shoot jacketed bullets though.

4. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

I've been shooting a 21 for 10 years, tens of thousands of rounds of factory ammo and reloads, no KB's here. I clean my gun once a month, my reloads are w/ jacketed bullets, and I use an auto indexing press.

5. Wicked96SS

Wicked96SS Typical Gun Nut Millennium Member

I am approaching probably 35-40K rounds in my G21.. I have been shooting it for 12 years now (purchased in 1992). The only problem I had with it was fixed by Glock FOC, and it has been 100% since then (about 10K rounds)....

As for the KB of a Glock 21... don't worry about it. Statistically not an issue.

Shoot it and clean it!! It will outlast you!

6. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

You been reading in the "wrong places". The G21 would be one of the least-likely Glocks to Kb, for reasons that are obvious to those who know anything at all about ordnance. If you double-charge a .45 with certain powders, ANY pistol will Kb.

7. vafish

vafish

Very true.

I've seen many more pictures and actual samples of .38/.357 revolvers with the top strap blown off then I have of Glocks with KB.

Why?

Well lets see prior to Glocks emergence on the the gun scene .38/.357 revolvers were the most popular handgun with LE and civilians. A lot of people shot them and a lot of people handloaded for them.

8. docrosas

docrosas

Hi guys , I've also been reading on this subject and the problems they had last march in Portland Police Dpt. I've no reason to doubt what they say, I can only talk from my experience with my G21 which has fired some 5000 rounds now, fmjs and jhps wihout a single misfire, nor feeding or ejection problem, is the more reliable gun I have ever had.

9. WalterGA

Doubt what "they" say!

10. jlw_84

jlw_84 General Glocker

My CCW instructor was anti-G21, or Glock in general for that matter. He had a G21 kB a few years ago, apparently he put a couple thousand round of LEAD bullets through it with out cleaning.

By the time he was finished the rest of the class who had glocks were afraid to shoot. He said its a common thing, and its not "if" its "when" they kB.

11. Wicked96SS

Your instructor was an idiot, and unforutunately, it sounds like it was contagious.

12. LDHunter

LDHunter

Uh.... He paid the idiot tax... ANYBODY that puts several thousand lead bullets thruogh ANY gun without cleaning can reasonably expect a kaboom....

And this guy was and instructor?..... Amazing..... ;z

$bob$

13. jlw_84

jlw_84 General Glocker

I had on a Glocktalk shirt too, that was a mistake in this class. I was refered to as the "guy who likes the glocks" throughout the class.

This guy was a geriatric who only believed in carrying snub nosed .38 spl revolvers.

He said that semi-auto's were on the way out the door. And that law enforcement was going back to revolvers.

;Q I felt dumber when I left from listening to all this bs for 12 hours straight.

14. LDHunter

LDHunter

Yeah... The guy learned everything he knows 20 years ago.... ;C

Too bad... Not all old people are ignorant and set in their ways.... ;Q

$bob$

15. noway

noway

{He said that semi-auto's were on the way out the door. And that law enforcement was going back to revolvers. }

I would love to see that...

The g21 is a great gun if not one of the greatest glock gun. You wil not have any problems if you shoot commercial 45acp ammo and maint the gun iaw with the glock manual. You will have more of a chance in finding a Texas Horney Toad vrs having a KabOOM in a G21.

16. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

17. Wicked96SS

18. LDHunter

LDHunter

The exact symptoms they discuss surrounded by a bunch of BS is typical for a Kaboom... Federal double charged the cases....

Way over pressure... Beyond proof loads....

Too bad they didn't have the courage to let Glock inspect the pistols in Smyrna... Guess they already knew what the answer would be... ;Q

They just wanted a bunch of new G17's and got pissy when they couldn't get them.

$bob$

19. M96er

M96er

I've never heard of a GLOCK 21/30/36 KB with factory loads....even +P. I have heard of KBs using out of spec hand loads.

20. WalterGA

You have to be pretty damn stupid to believe the horseschict disseminated by that lying ignoramous, Dean Speir!