close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 issues

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MoneyMaker, Apr 9, 2012.

1. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

So today i took my older Glock 21 apart to clean it up and when i got it back together and put a mag in it and tried to pull the slide back it is almost stuck ,drop mag and it cycles just fine,so i take the slide off and the RSA has popped up out of its slot,so i push it back down and try again and well,It has done the same thing again and the slide is very hard to pull back on the 1st round then will cycle but dont feel smoth,drop mag clear chamber,take slide off and yep RSA has yet again popped up out of the slot,So i assume i have a bad RSA ?

2. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker

Should i just toss it in the river?

3. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

The RSA always pops out of that slot, be sure to re-seat it before reassembly, even if you didn't take the RSA and barrel out of the slide.

It could be that something in the magazine is binding up. It'll happen to me sometimes with .40 magazines, when the magazine is fully loaded the stack of rounds just doesn't want to move down at all. I remove the top round and set it aside. Then I put downward pressure on the new top round with my thumb while I firmly smack the magazine floorplate-first into the palm of my other hand, and right after the magazine hits my other hand I move my thumb off of the top round. If I did it right, the whole stack of rounds should've moved down in the magazine then spring back to the top. I then put the last round in the magazine and do the same thing. That should make it easier to rack the slide over the top round.

If your G21 is older it wouldn't hurt to replace the RSA anyway.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  4. cciman

cciman

nevermind

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

That half-moon slot is only the reassembly position and not the operating position.

6. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

toss it in the river behind my house!:supergrin:

7. JackMac

JackMac

take apart, you tube assembly of Glock 21, then reassemble the weapon.