close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GLOCK 21 is great!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by S. Kelly, May 31, 2003.

1. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

I took my new (to me) G21 to the range last night. 110 rounds later, I was happy as a clam. Tight groups, flawless feeding and low recoil. Can't get any better than that. It's a great gun. Now I'm kicking myself for getting rid of my G30. Gotta get one next!

2. SIX14LIFE

SIX14LIFE TACTICAL G19'S

Congrats!

Nice choice.They are great sidearms if you have good sized mits like we do.

Enjoy it!:)

3. Ninj500

Ninj500

I have one but couldn't tell you if it's a nice gun or not. The day after I picked it up, my wife went to the range with me, shot the G21, loved it and claimed it for her own. Based on her groups it appears to be very accurate and easy to shoot.

4. dougmc

dougmc

I love my 21 try the new Taurus copper bullets 185 grain hp. Really smooth shootin- hard hittin- all around great carry ammo.

5. Coney Island 1

Coney Island 1

I also got mine about a month ago. I have not been able to get down to the range yet. I seem to be having a problem with my slide catch. When you try to press it, it is extremley hard to close. Do you think I should try to shoot it a few times before I send it back to Glock? It might just be a little tight until I break it in.

6. B Coyote

B Coyote

Give a little more detail on your problem. Do you have a full/empty magazine in the well when you're trying to use the slide lock? Did you lock the slide manually, then try to use the slide lock? Did you just fire the pistol to slide lock and your attempting to reload?

bc;g

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Coney Island 1,

It is a slide stop lever not a slide release lever. Glock did not intend for it to be a slide release lever. Glock Certified Intructors teach L.E. Officers to use the overhand grip on the slide, racking it back and letting it go--seats the bullet better too.

Sendng it back to Glock will accomplish nothing because it is functioning as designed.

8. HiCap1

HiCap1

Concerning the Taurus Copper 185's, is there any information on their effectiveness out of the shorter barreled G30?

Big Dawg # 4444

9. AKSpace-Glock21

AKSpace-Glock21

New G21 owner and LOVE it to pieces!!! People really looked at me funny though when I said I bought the 21 for myself!! Apparently woman aren't ment to have such a "big" gun!! LOL

10. MuRDoC

MuRDoC

hey Coney Island 1, listen to what DannyR said it's a slide stop, not a release it's better to learn to pull back the slide on any pistol

11. Coolknight

Coolknight

No question that the G-21 is great ;a

I used to have one for a long time... never any issues.

Just stay away from high end SA pistols and wheelguns. I did that... my Glock's are gone.. still I can only say good about the Glock 21! It is a great combo, firepower, quite accurate, not too much recoil, trouble free.

Regards,
    Coolknight

12. pistolero6869

pistolero6869

Akspace-glock21 you go girl! I moved my girlfriend to a G-36 just this spring she loves it and just got herself a G-33 wicked little thing! shoot safe GFM

13. KG21

KG21

Just bought my first Glock, a G21. One of the finest handguns I have ever owned. First 5 out of the barrel were in the center of the bull. Glad to see there is a place for Glock owners to talk about their babies!