close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 Gen 4 shooting high

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by barta, Jul 7, 2012.

1. barta

barta This is Barta!

I have and have had many Glocks over the years, including a Gen 2 Glock 21. I have never had an issue with one shooting high. The new one shoots 1.5" to 2" high at 15 yards. Groups are tight. I took it to a Glock armorer who said I had "high rear sights" as designated by 2 lines on the side of the rear sight. Is this now standard from the factory? It is the first I've heard of it.

Anyway, exchanging the rear sight solves the problem. Just curious whether anyone else has experienced this.

Later

2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The standard factory rear sight for the 45ACP pistols is 6.9mm tall and has one short bar above a long bar marked on the side.

There is a factory rear sight with two short bars over the long bar that is 7.3mm tall. I wouldn't expect to see that installed on the pistol unless it was found to shoot low in the factory test firing at a range of 25 meters.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012

3. Quarter Tank

Quarter Tank

i have oem iron sight on my G21 Gen4 and it has the short bar on top of the long bar on the right side of the sight. it squares up pretty good

4. JBP55

JBP55

You can remove the 6.9 mm rear sight designed for the large frame Glocks and install a 6.5 mm rear sight that is designed for the small frame Glocks and your POA/POI should be very close.