Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone pull off carrying the Glock 21/21SF concealed? If so, what is your rig and size (if you don't mind me asking)? Pictures are also welcome. I'm asking because I am considering buying one, I didn't really consider the G21 until today, I'd like some advice. Btw, I'm 6'1" 210-215lbs muscular build.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I've tried with my G20 and it is impossible for me and the way I have to dress. The biggest that my 6'1' 195 frame conceals well is a G19 or a G30. The G30 would be my recommendation if you want to conceal a .45. Some guys pull it off, but I have a dress code at work that makes a brick like a g21 impossible to hide.

You will get the Rambo types here that claim they do it easily, but I'm sure they have altered their dress heavily to hide the gun. Some guys here probably carry an AR pistol concealed.

I would not buy a G21 with hopes of concealing it. Just me - Rambo will now chime in and tell you that it conceals great and never prints.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wear 2x shirts (usually 2 t shirts), that helps me prevent my 19 from printing, but I'm just not sure I could do the same with the 21, except in the winter. I do want a Glock chambered in .45, I keep going back and forth on exactly which model though. I don't like the grip on the 30, I'm certianly considering a GAP, but I do have a lot of ACP ammo, I'm just not sure what to get at this point.

·
Banned
12,633 Posts
I am 6ft 200 lbs I carry a 21 in a Galco jackass shoulder rig with a Hawaiian cover shirt and it hides just fine, before I got the shoulder rig I used a Galco concealable holster

·
Registered
542 Posts
FWIW, I used to carry a G17, darn near the same size, it was a little large and I could only really pull it off with a sweatshirt or something large. I used a Galco FLETCH at the 4 oclock. I'm 74inches at 200lbs, it would print with lighter sweatshirts but only so much that a really attentive person would notice.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i carry a 17 in IWB with any shirt its hidden

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm 6'1" and about 220 (in shape) and I went with the Glock 38 in 45 GAP. It is the same size as my G19 except the slide is a little fatter. I carry it in a Comp-Tac MTAC and it absolutely disappears. A t-shirt is all you need to conceal it.

Not trying to start an ACP vs. GAP war, but if you can deal with not carrying ACP, the G38 is the perfect .45 for CCW,

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am 223lbs, 6'4" tall, and used to carry a Glock 19c easily under a tshirt in an IWB holster I modified for deeper concealment.

I tried carrying the 21sf and although I can carry it with ease, it prints easily unless I am wearing a jacket or thin sport jacket in the spring/fall. Definitely not a gun to carry in the summer under a thin tshirt.

I just acquired a Glock 38 (45gap) and it fits in the same holster as my Glock 19c same small frame as the Glock 19c (which I just love), I can CCW it under a tshirt without problems, bend down without problems of showing it, and carry 9 (standard), 10 or 11 rounds total of 45caliber ammo.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I carry my 21sf in a comp tac c-tac. I only carry it when I can where a light jacket or somesort of hoodie "preferably my glock hoodie" lol. Never tried going out with it with just a shirt.

I mainly carry my G36. I am sure it can be done but it won't be all that easy. Especially in the spring/summer.

·
Gun Trader
89 Posts
I carry my Glock 22 in a Comptac MTAC and it carries just fine. I am also 5'11" and 275,and I am in shape.:shocked:

Hey, round is a shape.:tongueout:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm 6'2" about 250lbs and carry a 21SF everyday. I wear two t-shirts or 1 t-shirt and a cover shirt of some kind. I use a m-tac holster. I haven't had to "dress up" since i got my permit so i don't know how that will work.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm 6'2" about 250lbs and carry a 21SF everyday. I wear two t-shirts or 1 t-shirt and a cover shirt of some kind. I use a m-tac holster. I haven't had to "dress up" since i got my permit so i don't know how that will work.
Everyone, thanks for your response!

hopeitsfast, I'm interested to know what kind of build you have. I've got relatively broad shoulders, soo that helps my case. Your definitely bigger than me, but you seem to dress similar to me, which is giving me hope that if I get a a good IWB holster, I can pull off carrying the 21SF, if I can do that, I will have a tie for my two favorite pistols!.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm 6'1" and about 220 (in shape) and I went with the Glock 38 in 45 GAP. It is the same size as my G19 except the slide is a little fatter. I carry it in a Comp-Tac MTAC and it absolutely disappears. A t-shirt is all you need to conceal it.

Not trying to start an ACP vs. GAP war, but if you can deal with not carrying ACP, the G38 is the perfect .45 for CCW,

Just my opinion.
I'm definitely considering the GAP, particularly the 38, if I don't get it now, it will definitely be on the top of my list of pistols I want after my next purchase or two, but if I can get away with concealing a G21SF, that is definitely the gun for me.

·
The Dixie ****
744 Posts
I'm 6'-5" tall and 275 lbs. I CAN carry my G21 in my Comp-Tac Spartan if I'm dressed casually, which really mean 3 days a week: Friday (casual Fridays in my office), Saturdays (usually short pants or jeans and an un-tucked shirt), Sunday (same as Saturday, except Sunday morning...Kel-Tec P3AT is all I can conceal with Church clothes ;)). I live in Florida and my preferred casual wear is jeans or short pants with a Columbia fishing shirt un-tucked. I can easily IWB any handgun in my safe using that get-up.

·
The Ogre
1,746 Posts
I conceal the 21SF daily in a CTAC holster. I suppose I am Rambo or have "altered my dress heavily" to hide the pistol by wearing shorts and a t-shirt or polo shirt. I sold my G26 because I was no longer carrying it. Apparently there is some kind of animosity and disbelief towards people that can carry a full-size pistol around here. I will try to get pictures to post, but I am packed to move so they will most likely be from a cell phone of some sorts because the digital is in a box somewhere.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I conceal the 21SF daily in a CTAC holster. I suppose I am Rambo or have "altered my dress heavily" to hide the pistol by wearing shorts and a t-shirt or polo shirt. I sold my G26 because I was no longer carrying it. Apparently there is some kind of animosity and disbelief towards people that can carry a full-size pistol around here. I will try to get pictures to post, but I am packed to move so they will most likely be from a cell phone of some sorts because the digital is in a box somewhere.
Thanks, if you could post a pic, I'd sure appreciate it, but don't do it if it is gonna put you far out of your way. Moving sucks, more important to make sure you get everything packed right.

·
The Ogre
1,746 Posts

All bull**** aside, I just got done lifting appliances, taking things to the dump, packing in front of the movers, going to walmart, subway, krogers, and showed my home to possible renters today with exactly what I am wearing in this picture. All I did was stand up snap 7-8 shots with my phone and post them. Someday I have to wear nicer shirts etc... still same gun and holster combo although position may be adjusted further around the back. Do I have to squat instead of bending straight over? Yes, but I did that with a 26, my 1911, my sig, or my 19.

·
The Ogre
1,746 Posts
That being said a 30 would be easier than a 21 and closer to the size of you 19 only a little thicker. I am not saying everyone should carry a 21 or a 20, just that they can quit constantly remarking on how impossible it is.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts