close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 dieseling

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ed Champion, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Ed Champion

Ed Champion

My .45 just stated shooting two rounds when I pull the trigger. Can this be fixed at home with parts or does it need to go a smith?

2. ceemack

ceemack

Hmmm...I've never encountered that, but I suppose it could be a problem with your disconnector. Have you ever detail-stripped your slide? If you're comfortable with that, I'd make sure the disconnector's "hole" was clean and that the spring was functioning correctly.

If you haven't detail-stripped your Glock before, and time allows, you might try getting hold of one of the instructional video tapes on the subject. It's pretty easy to do.

If you don't know the detail-stripping process, and don't have time to wait for a video to show up, I'd suggest a local smith.

Also, have you made any trigger modifications?

3. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

You don't need to wait for a video tape to learn to disassemble a Glock. Just go to topglock.com and check out the illustrated instrutions. Sounds like a good detail stripping and cleaning is in order. Also sounds like an engagement problem that might require a new trigger bar. Exactly where is the disconnector on a Glock? I'm not familiar with that part??

4. Ed Champion

Ed Champion

The gun is stock and I've never detailed striped it.

5. 21 shooter

21 shooter

You will probably need to replace the trigger bar. If the striker shows any unusual wear, replace it also. I would find a Glock Armorer in the area, or contact Glock.

6. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

~1 Walter you beat me to it!

Take Care
    "duck"