close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 better than Glock 22 IMO

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Petrie, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Petrie

Petrie

Had a chance to a shoot a Glock 21 this past weekend and what a treat that was. Very accurate and recoil was very manageable. I had given up on glocks after having a glock 22. I did not like the 22 at all. I don't think my bad experience was because it was a glock, but because it was a snappy 40.

2. WarMachine

WarMachine

I'm also not a fan of .40, at all.

I've sold off all mine and I'm sticking with 9mm and also .45 ACP for my 1911's.

There was a time I had 5 different calibers, and I felt things (for me) were just getting silly.

3. 04LS1GTO

04LS1GTO

.40 caliber Glocks are the only ones I own. I love em more than any other caliber. I guess it boils down to personal opinion.

4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

I much prefer the Glock .45's to the .40 also, but they all shoot very well.

5. box_roller

box_roller

I love my 21. It's an excellent gun(all Glocks are) and caliber. 45 is great for reloading too, you can reuse your brass a zillion times and still make fabulous ammo. I've been shooting several different Glocks lately and I still go back to my 21, can't put it down. It's really fun to roll up next to a putz at the range with a $2000 dollar Ed Brown custom 1911 and get tighter groups and more lead on target quicker than he can with my $500 Glock 21.

6. nedfolks

nedfolks

I love all my .40s, so I think it's just a matter of opinion

7. Jim S.

Jim S.

This is an interesting comment.
    Do you really think that a G21 is a better gun than an Ed Brown Custom 1911?
    If equal shooters were using these guns do you really think that the G21 would get tighter groups than the E.B. Custom?
    If said putz is just starting out and doesn't shoot as well as you, does that mean that with a lot of practice he won't be shooting better than you someday?
    I find it interesting that you would compare the two guns the way you do, when in reality there is no comparison in quality or performance.
    I love my 21 (SF) but I know it is not in the same class as an Ed Brown Customized 1911.
    Don't be a snob with a Glock just cause you shoot better than some people who just happen to have a better gun than you. :supergrin:

8. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

No doubt that I love the soft shooting, easy handling of my G21, but since picking up a G27 a few months ago, I'm warming to the 40 again. I used to have a G23, but sold it once I learned I was a better shooter w/my G32 (go figure!) Only time will tell...

9. South Fla

South Fla ©South Fla 2018

I had a G23 and absolutely loved it. I traded it in on a G22 and had a lot of problems with it, so much so, I traded it in on a HK USP.45.

I wish I would have never traded the G23 in the first place.

10. Pygmalian

Pygmalian

I carried a G22 for years and loved it, until I fired a G21SF. That's all I carry now. Still think the G22 is a fine weapon.

11. ElectricZombie

ElectricZombie

In the past, I didn't really care for the .40. That changed when I bought my first .40 about 6 months ago. I can't tell much difference in terms of recoil between .40 and .45. I shoot 9mm faster than both, but not enough to make a difference. I'm not dedicated to any particular caliber, and will carry any of the above.

I have a G21 and a G23. It would be hard to pick a favorite. The G23 is a bit better for CCW, but the G21 is the best shooting .45 I have used. I actually like the G21 more than the Kimber I used to own.

12. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Maybe not more accurate, but it is a better gun... Cheaper, easier to maintain, doesn't need to be cleaned as often, better felt recoil. Also it doesn't lead the shooter to think that a overly customized, overpriced, snob gun is somehow "better"....:upeyes:

Besides, 95% of people that shoot the high-end 1911s aren't able to utilize the "accuracy" they just want to feel special...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  13. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

To see what the finest handgun shooters in the world--whose livelihood depends both on handgun and personal performance, and who can choose any handgun they want--are competing with, check out the competitions. You can look at USPSA, IPSC, IDPA and many others. There are very few Glocks competing at the top levels.

I think that Glocks are a lot closer to John Moses Browning's original M1911 in terms of reliability, accuracy, functionality, and simplicity than the customized "race guns" that abound today. That said, I would not claim a stock Glock is more accurate, but I wouldn't want to drop a $2,000 or $3,000 pistol in the mud, either.

14. ghostrider_23

ghostrider_23

I wish I could wrap my short fingers and hands around a G21 but I can't so I went with the G23

15. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

Did you get a chance to feel a G21SF? I don't have one but was able to hold one, and it is very near to the G22.

16. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Big difference between relying on it for your livelihood and relying on it for your life...

If those guys have a jam, they can do it over... If my duty 21 has a jam, the bad guy won't let me redo it.

17. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I like Glocks as much as anyone, but that statement is just plain stupid. ALOT more "putz's" own Glocks than Ed Brown 1911's. There are some people who are more of a collector and do own $2000 1911's and don't shoot them much, but the avegage owner of a $2000 1911 know's how to shoot it pretty damn good.

18. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Yeah, but we're not talking about shooting bad guys. We're talking about the average putz who owns a $2000 1911, and can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. And BTW, high dollar and competition 1911's are every bit as reliable as a Glock. And I would bet your local SWAT team has 1911's on their hips.

19. sheepman

sheepman

Both are excellent guns/cartridges and which is best is the one you personally like the best. The 45 acp is a low pressure cartage and is more forgiving when reloaded. The 40 gives good performance with higher ammo capacity. Some people have trouble with the grip size on the 21 and others feel the 40 is too snappy. Both will get the job done. While I can usually shoot a little tighter group with a tuned 1911 the glock will still shoot around 2" at 25 yds (off a sand bag).

20. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Nope, Glock 35s...

No they are not. Maybe they can be tuned to be reliable enough for competition and still be accurate. But as with all 1911s they are a tuning compromise between accuracy and reliability. Reliable enough for duty work is a much higher standard than reliable enough for competition.