Glock Talk banner

Glock 21 AIWB all day!

1608 Views 47 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  rustygun
I have been carrying the Glock 21 in the appendix position with a spare magazine opposite it. I so not know why there is so much complaining about the size; it worked just fine. The gun was easy to carry and no hot spots developed so long as it was properly positioned. Holster was one of mine with Discreet Carry Concepts clips and a wedge. Belt was a Kore Essentials tactical with appendix carry buckle. The magazine was carried in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB mag holder. It was an all around good day of carry!

Handgun holster Everyday carry Fashion accessory Gun accessory Wood
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
11,479 Posts
I have been carrying the Glock 21 in the appendix position with a spare magazine opposite it. I so not know why there is so much complaining about the size; it worked just fine. The gun was easy to carry and no hot spots developed so long as it was properly positioned. Holster was one of mine with Discreet Carry Concepts clips and a wedge. Belt was a Kore Essentials tactical with appendix carry buckle. The magazine was carried in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB mag holder. It was an all around good day of carry!

View attachment 1155170
Nothing like having a .45 caliber pistol pointed at your nuts and femoral artery all day. Nobody ever has an ND while drawing.

· Registered
2,624 Posts
Actually, a few months ago I posed the question on GT asking if a bigger gun meant better AIWB and the response was mostly affirmative.

For years I CC'd a G27 or G26 every day, which included a lot of time at a computer keyboard and often a business breakfast or lunch, which means I was sitting a lot of the time and often hunched over my computer screen. I had to constantly adjust the guns because they first dug into my femoral nerve - which hurt - and then into my femoral artery - which made my right leg go numb.

The advice I got, which seems good, is to wear the larger gun with the barrel/slide right at 12 noon. That way you avoid the femoral contact and as long as you are sitting properly, the gun doesn't dig into the jewels. I use a Galco Ultimate Second Amendment horse hide holster and my new CC guns, a pair of G17.5s, seem to ride more comfortably. My spare mag goes into a Remora mag pouch in my left-hand rear pocket.

So now the daily load out into big box stores, grocery stores, and other places I deem of a higher threat assessment is the G17 at 12 noon tucked deep enough that the grip barely prints in a t-shirt, my cell phone in my left front pocket, my spare mag left rear, my wallet in right rear pocket and my car keys in the right front pocket with my clip-on Benchmade Mel Pardue folder. It's pretty unobtrusive.

Have to admit I haven't had to spend a lot of time sitting with this combination due to being retired for 12 years, but the few occasions when I've eaten at a restaurant with this load, it's felt pretty good. For those who say they can carry a larger-sized tun all day and forget it's there ... more power to you. I always know it's there, but I act like I don't know. :)

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
God bless ya brotha. Solid reasons for the carry and hell, have to admit a little jealous you can do it in comfort. My ass is *****in about a 43X!! while you're carrying a G21 and a spare mag. :ROFLMAO:
The trick is the Discreet Carry Concepts clips! They are mounted at the muzzle and give you lots of adjustment. The KE belt is very stable; far better than my leather belts that are no longer new. They don't print like loops will. Make the belt sit high, set the DCC clips for a lit bit of outboard cant, add a JM Custom Kydex wedge, and you're good to go.

Reactions: biscut53

· Registered
11,485 Posts
It's 1911 Commander sized! The grip is as wide as a 1911 with regular stocks installed; it's just rectangular in shape instead of football shaped. Add in the rear portion of the slide and everyone thinks the 21 is a massive gun. The 1911 Commander is easier to hide because the hammer area is not squared off like the Glock.

View attachment 1155175
I'm familiar. I carried one for about nine years on duty. I still call it a big gun. But hey, if it works, go for it. We all have differing views, it's why we have such a variety of guns.

· Registered
40,433 Posts
I cant get comfy with a G26 AIWB, sitting just sucks.

Reactions: Whittsailor

· Registered
1,986 Posts

View attachment 1155170
Height and waist size please

· Enigma
3,716 Posts
I've carried a 20SF AIWB before, currently its a Glock 22.5 with a dot.
The 20SF slide is off getting milled for a dot and Cerakote, when I get it back I'll be carrying it.
I've also noticed that 4-6 weeks moves at sloth pace when you are waiting for something.

· Enigma
3,716 Posts

24,310 Posts

View attachment 1155170
What happens if you have to bend over to tie your shoes, or pick up something off the ground? Wouldn't that pinch your private parts? :rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts