Glock Talk banner

Glock 21 AIWB all day!

1609 Views 47 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  rustygun
I have been carrying the Glock 21 in the appendix position with a spare magazine opposite it. I so not know why there is so much complaining about the size; it worked just fine. The gun was easy to carry and no hot spots developed so long as it was properly positioned. Holster was one of mine with Discreet Carry Concepts clips and a wedge. Belt was a Kore Essentials tactical with appendix carry buckle. The magazine was carried in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB mag holder. It was an all around good day of carry!

Handgun holster Everyday carry Fashion accessory Gun accessory Wood
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,929 Posts
If it works for you then two thumbs up (y)(y)

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Call a doctor, evidently you lost all sensation below your chest.

Seriously, glad it works for you but dang that's a big gun to carry AIWB.
It's 1911 Commander sized! The grip is as wide as a 1911 with regular stocks installed; it's just rectangular in shape instead of football shaped. Add in the rear portion of the slide and everyone thinks the 21 is a massive gun. The 1911 Commander is easier to hide because the hammer area is not squared off like the Glock.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

· Cuhootnified Roamer
11,889 Posts
So I am perplexed with the orientation of the pistol and the magazine. Are you carrying with the pistol grip to the left?
Left handed shooters typically do… or it’s a mirror image pic.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So I am perplexed with the orientation of the pistol and the magazine. Are you carrying with the pistol grip to the left?
It's a left handed holster. Mag holder sits on the right side and is angled inboard to go with the fold of the hip.

· Registered
46 Posts
I've done it and agree. The key is a good sturdy and comfortable belt, that's where most people go wrong. The ride height makes a big difference on comfort too. Some people wear their belt at the navel, some below the hips. I find the higher up the ride, the easier and more comfortable to carry. I won't pretend that movement is just as unrestrained as with a G27 though. The longer barrel of the G21 gives you a bit of discomfort when performing certain movements. I find it can jam into the upper thigh or family jewels in uncomfortable ways if you don't readjust slightly before squatting down or bending over to tie your shoes, for example. Shorter barrel models like the G27 don't have that issue for me. But I agree that the complaints about weight with the G21 are overblown.

· Registered
1,369 Posts
Nice. I’ve carried a CZ75 and a FS 10mm Witness poly as well as the steel frame version. These days though I prefer a G30S when I carry a 45.

· Registered
1,932 Posts
Hard to imagine a 21 as an appendix carry piece ???
But, just MAYBE with the right physique ? Maybe ?
Definitely not me.
Physique makes all the difference.

I lost 50 lbs last year and now I love appendix carry. I have a lot of empty space where my gut used to be. 😀

On the other hand after getting skinny I find it pretty uncomfortable to carry on my hip at 3 o'clock. With a smaller waist anything on my hip there just sticks out like crazy.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts