close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by southernguy, Oct 24, 2011.

1. southernguy

southernguy

Howdy y'all! Just a quick question. When I lock the slide back on my G21, I don't see the little metal piece that sticks out down in the magazine well, like on my G23. I've looked at a picture of the gun, disassembled, and it looks like it might be part of the "fire control group". The gun still fires, but I was concerned that this might be a problem. Any suggestions? thanks

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Not a problem, dont be concerned. If you want to see it, pull the slide rearward a little more. it will eventually stick its head out.

3. southernguy

southernguy

Thanks for the post. I pulled the slide back as far as it will go, and it still barely showing. I even took the slide off of both guns and the G21 is wayyyyyyyyy shorter, like it's broke or something. Do you think I should replace it? The only way I noticed it at all, is that I am looking at a 3rd Gen G17 to purchase, and I happened to notice how far it sticks out on it. I thought it was stuck, lol.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  4. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Ejectors are different lengths and configurations depending on the gun. here is a quick description of the current issue:

9mm is long & straight
    40/357 are long and bent
    10/45 is short and bent

Your description of the ejectors seems to correctly describe what should be in the gun. No worries!

5. southernguy

southernguy

Whew!!! Thanks a million!! That's a relief!!!