Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Glock 48 9mm and Glock 21 45 apc
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi new here and I came across a Old Post from 2016 talking about the Glock 21s with the stamp 4340 you need to change some parts ASAP so just wondering what parts I need to change or if anybody got some more info on the Glock 21 that stamps 4340 had a spring break on me just wondering if I should replace the spring $6 or get a whole trigger but I read changing the whole trigger requires some tuning to it
Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Netbook Bumper
Yellow Finger Tool Nail Metal

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a spring replacement with three different springs it's wolf something I forget for like 12 bucks that's why I was wondering if anybody had some info on it should I replace the whole trigger it's like 150 to 300 or just replace the springs cause like it shows on the picture I did break a spring and that spring from Glock is only $6 but I don't know if I should replace any other thing on the lower it was only 400 purchased but I plan on keeping it so would like to upgrade the weak points

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hi new here and I came across a Old Post from 2016 talking about the Glock 21s with the stamp 4340 you need to change some parts ASAP so just wondering what parts I need to change or if anybody got some more info on the Glock 21 that stamps 4340 had a spring break on me just wondering if I should replace the spring $6 or get a whole trigger but I read changing the whole trigger requires some tuning to it View attachment 1113437 View attachment 1113439
The "4340" stamp you are referring to is on the ejector.

From GLOCK Parts List, Will-Fit Info, & Order Form for Certified Armorers Only:

Glock Part# 8196 Ejector only - 10mm, .45 Auto, .45 GAP (marked 8196-2) replaces 4340-marked ejector - ref only / not for sale. Use 8203 Trigger Mechanism Housing

Glock Part #8203 Trigger Mechanism Housing w/ 8196-2 ejector installed - fits G20,G21,G29,G30,G30S,G36 (Excludes Gen4)

Reread @L.A.Tactical post #5 in the thread from 2016 that you refer to:
Do I need to "update" my Gen 2 Glock 21 (serial XL***)? | Glock Talk

If you are still concerned about replacing the Trigger Mechanism Housing as referenced above, give Glock a call or e-mail and ask them about the replacement.

General Contact: Please contact [email protected] to inquire about new products, existing product information, current sales orders, your pistol's production date and returns.

Technical/Warranty Support: GLOCK is proud to offer world class service on your firearm. Please contact our Technical Service or Warranty Department for information regarding services offered for pistols and parts. Contact [email protected] or [email protected]
U.S. Headquarters
GLOCK, Inc.
6000 Highlands Parkway SE
Smyrna, GA 30082
USA
USA Phone: 770-432-1202
FAX: 770-433-8719

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you like I said I just want to replace the weak points because I plan on keeping it but I will look this over and email them asking
yes that's the post I was referring to but I wasn't sure about anything else on the lower or upper I need to replace because I heard going aftermarket is bad and stick with the original OEM parts
thank you

·
Registered
11,376 Posts
If it's not causing problems, why fix something that isn't broken?

Only weak points would be the dog bone slide lock spring and the older style extension trigger spring (that were upgraded). Getting a new trigger spring, and a slide lock spring if it had the old thin style dog bone type would be all I concerned myself with.

Stay with factory OEM parts whatever you do decide to replace. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because a spring did break if you look at the 2nd picture and I know it's old because it's a second gen and I really don't know that much history about it so before I just buy that $6 spring just wondering if there was anything else to look out for because the original Post in 2016 since I'm new on here seeing if anybody else had any problems with it
that was it just a question..
But thanks for your answer like #4 said I'll just email Glock about it regarding the 4340 see what else they would recommend and get that spring through them

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have one very high volume Glock in 9mm. At 5000 rds I treated the pistol like a fine machine. All new springs and rsa. It’s like a fine car you will need new tires, brakes, fluid changes and maybe a battery at 40 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts