close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 21 10mm Conversion Results With Chronograph Video Results

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by plouffedaddy, Apr 15, 2012.

1. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

[​IMG]

First off--special thanks to the guys on here that helped me through this process; I really appreciate the help.

So I, like most of you at one point or another, was 10mm curious but not quite enough to shell out the money for a G20/Delta Elite/ect... So, I picked up a 10mm mag, LWD 20lb guide rod and spring, KKM 6'' conversion barrel, and a LWD 10mm extractor and went to work!

So far, I have 100 rounds of Prvi 180gr JHPs, 200 rounds of Blazer 200gr FMJs, and 50 rounds of Underwood Ammo 165gr Gold Dot JHPs through this combination with 0 failures of any kind and consistent ejection to the 3-5 o'clock position with all but the Prvi ammo. That ammo jumps all over the place weakly (with either recoil spring) like my Gen4 19 that has been back to Glock 2 times now because I don't think thats acceptable. But, with a conversion set up for hotter ammo, I'm not complaining.

I set up my chrono (but forgot a pretty important part; SMH...) to test the speed of these three rounds through this barrel and as expected the Underwood Ammo 165gr JHPs performed well. I'd love to see some of these rounds in ballistics gel because if the recoil impulse is any indication I'm betting they're nasty little rounds. While the recoil is certainly more with the Underwood than the other rounds, it's not enough to discourage you from shooting it; in fact just the opposite. It's good times!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3lSjm4V4SE&context=C416f5a3ADvjVQa1PpcFNuGowyGR0QR6L9LoQJaxdvYIYUBFmMJO0=]Chrono Test Video[/ame]

I apologize for my amateur video skills but I personally like to see the evidence myself.

2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Excellent results! :thumbsup: Thanks for posting the video.

I especially like the part about 0 failures of any kind and consistent ejection. It would be interesting to test how well the stock .45 extractor performs.

The KKM 6" 45-10mm conversion barrel is yielding substantial benefits for you to get 1510 fps from the Underwood 10mm 165gr GD JHP. The chrono test video I've seen before with a stock Glock 20 (4.61" barrel) yielded a 5-shot average of 1374 fps for that 165gr ammo rated at 1400 fps. You gotta love Underwood 10mm ammo.

Video with stock G20 (Underwood 165gr GD JHP test is at time mark 3:25) [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxNwSjPnTE"]10mm ammo test #12 chronograph glock 20[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

3. Glock40man

Glock40man

4. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Thanks for doing this, no apologies needed there are way more worse video skills out there :wavey:

:50cal:

5. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Right on!!

I wouldn't mind seeing some chrono tests with underwood ammo in the 9mm flavor if you could make that happen. :whistling:

:wavey:

6. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

I'm planning on doing some more chrono test videos because as I've been playing with it it seems that the variations in factory ammo are pretty wide. 9mm Underwood huh? Perhaps... :supergrin: