Glock 20SF

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glock20_doubletapper, Feb 10, 2010.

1. glock20_doubletapper

glock20_doubletapper

First off let me say that as my name implies, im a big fan of the Glock 20. If im working on the farm or in the woods, 9 times out of 10 my G20 is on my hip. I was looking at some Glocks the other day at my favorite gunshop, and over heard some folks talking bout the SF model Glocks, Heres my question, if the gun is an SF model, does it say so on the firearm itself? Does the sf have any drawbacks? Thanks for the help, i gotta go dispatch some piney wood rooters.

2. 21Glock

21Glock

I can't speak for the 20SF because I don't own one yet, probably by May.
    However, I do have a 21SF and IT IS MY FAVORITE PISTOL to shoot. I use to have a regular G21 years ago and I love how my 21SF fits my hand so much better. It is one accurate piece. It has a sort of an extended beaver-tail like design like a 1911 and it points and shoots like a dream. I highly recommend you go SF on the 20, you will love it!
    Yes, on my frame it has a small SF imprinted on the right side, so you know it's a SF. Also, on the polymer carry case it comes in is the SF lettering. You will think you have picked up a G17 on how slim the grip frame is.

3. Cineski

Cineski

I debated 20 or 20sf for some time. Ended up with the standard 20 and glad I did. Also, the SF grip causes the point of aim to lower slightly on the SF models, which is why I went with the standard. A slightly thicker grip front to back I would think controls recoil a bit better.

4. Pygmalian

Pygmalian

Can only tell you about the 21 SF, pics below. I'm sure they're all the same with the SF stamped on the side to distinguish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. up1911fan

up1911fan

The G20SF is on my short list.

6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

It was on mine as well,......until I decided to just get a conversion
    for my G21sf. :supergrin:

7. 21Glock

21Glock

How is the conversion working out for you? I may go that route as well. Even though I would like to add another "horse" to my barn with a 20SF.

8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Have not gotten it yet.........

9. 07 LMB Z06

07 LMB Z06

I have a 20sf. Yes it is stamped in the exact same location as the picture above with the 21sf.

Also, does anyone know why there is so much smooth, blank space in front of the SF letters on the stamp?

10. Glolt20-91

Glolt20-91

I have the G20 and G20 SF, the SF gets holster time. My hand size is in the L to XL range which allows me to get a stronger grip with more finger tip pressure.

Glock has a winner with the SF design. :thumbsup:

Bob :cowboy: