glock 20 shooting .40 S&W

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bucksnort06, Mar 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. bucksnort06

bucksnort06

Can this be done safely out of stock barrel or is a new barrel conversion a neccesity. I can get 100 .40 S&W for 15.00 which is very cheap compared to 10mm.

2. atfsux

atfsux

Yes.

I first heard of how this was possible a few months ago on this forum. I was skeptical, but I tried it. I altered nothing on my stock G20 before I did this. 500 rounds of various types of bargain .40S&W later,...I have experienced only 2 hiccups. One was a bobble during the feed cycle in which the cartrige hung up halfway during the feed. A simple manipulation finished the chamering, and it fired with no further issues. The 2nd failure was the result of the round somehow not getting the rim under the extractor during the stripping from the magazine. Had the round been 10mm, the slide slamming home would have simply made the extractor ride over the rim and I would have never known. But since .40 is shorter, the round sunk down into the chamber far enough that when I pulled the trigger, all I got was "click"! Both of these failures happened with "Independence" brand 165 grn. FMJ. The stock recoil spring in the G20 allows for "mid-range" 10mm power loads, which are the same performance level as .40S&W ammo. All brass from the .40 ammo ejected reliably, but softly. So softly, in fact, that I got addicted to not having to chase my brass all over the place. It would simply fly about 2 or 3 inches maximum, then fall to the ground. Nice and neat.

3. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member

4. kool aid

kool aid MR.10mm

I have over 700 rounds of .40 through my G20 with the jarvis conversion barrel . Every single round went bang ,feed properly,and hit the target almost exactly where i wanted it to go. I used 3 different types of ammo Double tap 165gr fmj, blazer brass 165 gr fmj, and some 180gr fmj winchester ammo i had laying around.

5. PostalGlock'n

PostalGlock'n

500+ rounds thru stock 20 and 29. 40-50 rounds thru my 6" Jarvis, but I enjoy the full power of 10MM in it so much better.

The only problem I had was a couple of weaker loads not fully making it out the ejection port before the slide returns.

6. JinLA

JinLA

I put a box of S&B 40 through my stock G20. Shot very sweet. I ran a boresnake through twice before I went back to 10s, just to be safe.

7. Cam Cooke

Cam Cooke

I've tried shooting 40s&w in my G20 with a KKM barrel. I picked up several hundred empty brass at the range loaded it and everything worked perfectly.