close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 20 sf

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by yacobus73, Apr 23, 2012.

1. yacobus73

yacobus73

I just got a 20 sf, my first glock ever. I am excited to shoot the gun! I have absolutely no experience with a 10 mm except what I have read online. I plan on using it as a carry gun in the woods.

Just a couple questions from anyone with experience. I don't plan on shooting reloads, just new ammo. But I do plan on shooting the hot loads like double tap or buffalo bore. Is the stock barrel safe to shoot the hot loads? Some online suggest an aftermaket barrel like kkm for better chamber support. I want to be safe with no kabooms. Any advice is welcome! Thanks, Jim

2. 475-480

475-480

Hi ,
    I got a G20 SF- 5 weeks ago (my 1st Glock).I have only shot reloads thru it and have had no problems.I also have a LWD 5.47" barrel that shoots very nicely.
    On the DoubleTap website,it states there 10MM ammo was worked up in a standard G20- 4.46" barrel.

Sean

3. swinokur

swinokur

4. Glock40man

Glock40man

Congrats on your G20 and, welcome to GT!:cool:

:agree:its great ammo.

5. TACLOAD

TACLOAD

Underwood ammo hands down! If you're not going to reload, then the stock barrel is fine.

6. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Youre good with the stock barrel. And underwood ammo is far better than doubletap, and cheaper!

7. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

This, 100%! If you are shooting new rounds, only, you would have the first barrel ever, from Glock, that wasn't perfect, for the task you have mentioned. It's only when you inspect your spent casings, and notice large bulges, and are going to reload, said brass, that there is even a concern.

Shoot your 20SF, and inspect the brass, and save the brass, for a rainy day, or, sell your once fired brass, to one of us 10MMbrasshoarders. If you notice excessive bulge, and, anticipate reloading is in your future, then, and only then consider an after market barrel.:wavey: