close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 20 Rebuilt

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Craiger, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Craiger

Craiger 10mm

After running a search in General Glocking I found several older post on Rebuilt Glocks. I have the option of doing a three way deal with the shop I purchased my G29 from. He did not want to take a G20 in on trade because it is a rebuilt and 10mm's do not move well in this area. The guy that runs the shop "Matt" called me to know if I would be interested in a 3rd Gen G20. The gun is at his shop and I am suppose to meet the gun owner at 2:00pm today at the shop.

Matt says it is in very good condition some slide wear.
    CNSxxx The numbers all match. Is their anything I should look for specific to a G20 Rebuilt? Did the CNS have any known problems The G20 was built in 4/98 and rebuilt in 6/00 The owner bought it as a rebuilt but has only shot it a few hundred rounds. He is trying to finance some $900 shotgun.

2. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

As long as you're not paying over $400, MAX, then there's nothing to worry about. "Slide wear" probably means a little slide finish wear...not likely that the steel of the slide has worn.

First purchase I'd make for a G20 would be a 3.5# connector; then steel guide rod (probably Wolff) and a 20-22# spring; then Agrip; then night sights

3. Craiger

Craiger 10mm

Thank-You Walter for your response. I purchased the G20 for $350. I offered $325 and the guy wanted $350 flipped for the difference and I lost. It has 2 ten rd mags and a Hogue slip over grip. The guy said he shot about 200 rounds through the gun. The envelope from Glock has never been opened. It still has the Guarantee Registration card in it. Should I fill it out and will this give me a one year warranty? Glockmeister has Stainless Steel Captured Guide Rod and spring included for $27.00 I will probably be shooting Double Tap practice loads so which spring would you recommend the 20 or 22? Any other advice or suggestion is always welcome. Thanks again to everyone on the Ten Ring for sharing your knowledge and experience with the New Guy.

4. Craiger

Craiger 10mm

5. Craiger

Craiger 10mm

Another pic I wish I could figure out how to post more than one picture at a time.

6. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

You did well!
    Can only attach one pic at a time.

Enjoy!

7. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I think you got a great deal. I'd use a 20 or 22# spring on a G20. Wouldn't hurt to try both and use whichever works best for the ammo that you're using. I don't have any experience with the Glockmeister captured rod. I'm using a steel, non-captured Wolff rod on my G21, and recently bought the same setup for a friend's G20.

8. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

I bought a 2nd gen G20 over the weekend, that has the same "white letters" as yours does on the slide.

does anyone know 'how, why,' the letters are white like that?

CanyonMan

9. Mycroft

Mycroft

White crayon upgrade.

10. Craiger

Craiger 10mm

Actually it is the high dollar version water base paint stick.. :) :)

11. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

ok, thanks guys.... gottcha!

CanyonMan

12. dougader

dougader

I think you got a great deal on that G20. I think I went with the 22# Wolff spring in mine with a steel guide rod.

Canyon Man, My white letters were done with White Out correction fluid. It lasts forever.

13. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

That's an excellent price on a 3rd Gen G20 - you did well, son! ;f

kestrou

14. Craiger

Craiger 10mm

Thanks Doug and kestrou. I was not sure about a rebuilt G20 but after hearing from Walter and reading some of the past post I felt comfortable in buying the G20. I have 20 and 22lb springs and a non cap guiderod ordered. I went and shot both the G20 and G29 yesterday. I put 77 rounds through the G29 with out a single problem and leaving the mags full for the last week and a half the G29 is not making anymore gouges in the brass. The G20 also shot flawlessly. It is an awesome shooting gun put 150 rounds through it once again not a single problem. Had a guy in his mid 30’s come by and ask what I was shooting with "the big boom" when I told him Glock 20 10 mm he had this what’s that look. I offered to let him shoot it and the Glock 29 and he was very impressed with the Glock 20 and complimented on its handling and feel. I thought this was quite a compliment from a guy shooting Colt Gold Cup Commander. He also liked the G29. He let me shoot his Cold Cup Commander and it is a very fine shooting weapon.