Glock 20 Range Report And ?????????

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ukgrad1968, May 15, 2005.

1. ukgrad1968

ukgrad1968

HEY EVERYBODY.....

I just went to the range yesterday with my brand new Glock 20 along with 300 rounds of DoubleTap 180 grain fmj and 100 rounds of DoubleTap 135 grain.. the gun shot very smooth and was no more difficult to shoot than my G21 I used to have..

I had purchased two 15- round magazines for the pistol and used those during my range session.. I had two problems with them during the shoot. First, It was DAMN hard loading both magazines to full 15 round capacity.. 14 rounds went in fine but the 15th one, even with the Glock magloader I had to use every ounce of strength in my arm to get it in there.....

my second problem was, after loading the 15 rounds and charging the gun, i would begin shooting..no jams of any kind occurred with it.. BUT, on what I thought was the 15th round I shot, the slide locked back, I looked in the chamer and there was ONE shell left in the magazine.. the slide had locked back with a round still in the mag...

Everything I have is brand new, gun, mags, ammo...Is this normal or do you think there is a problem with the mags???

any help or suggestions would be appreciated....

Thanks

2. PaleGreenHorse

PaleGreenHorse 10mm

The 15th round will come in time as the mag spring loses a bit of its initial tension. The second problem you have is magazine related. I have one Glock 29 mag that holds the slide open with a round left in it. I just marked and declared it "for range use only". Congrats on the 20!