Glock 20 Glock 20 owners : Pros and cons ???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tercel89, Jun 29, 2019.

1. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

G 20SF and a G 40 MOS
    The G 20 could use some rynoplasty on the grip, but its not a gotta have. I wish I had a Gen 4 G 20.

I had some issues with hot ammo when I first bought it. I now shoot a 22# Brass-stacker RSA and it handles everything I put through it to include my handloads which shoot a 180 xtp at about 1200 fps.

rustytxrx likes this.
  2. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

A glock 20 is a very good choice. It handles well and shoots well. The 10mm is a bit more expensive, but it is an all purpose handgun. Depending on the ammo it can be tailored from a CCW to big game handgun. I see it as an all around handgun.

3. ShaneS

ShaneS Millennium Member

I like my G20SF and have killed wild hogs with it. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it on whitetail at close range.

I added night sights, KKM 5” barrel and 22lb recoil spring assembly from BT Guide Rods.

It is reliable and handles the 10mm recoil very well, better than my 1911 Kimber 10mm. It can handle the stoutest 10mm ammo. If I could only have one 10mm it would be the G20 without a doubt.

It is a reloader’s dream caliber.

jazzsax8 likes this.
  4. VIS07

VIS07 Never, never, never give up.

I've had a couple 20s. The 1st one i had was all beat up when i got it in a trade deal. It looked very rough and had been shot a ton. The guy said It was his thrasher pistol. It was an early model 20. It was a wonderful shooter. Man what a great freaking pistol. This reminds me to just go and buy another one.

jazzsax8 likes this.
  5. Neal

Neal Millennium Member

ShaneS, I would like to read more about killing wild hogs with your Glock 20. Factory or handloads, bullets, velocity, penetration, etc.? I haven't shot a wild hog since 1975, and that was with a Ruger Super Blackhawk. Now interested again and looking for ideas. Thanks.