close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 20 or not???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by duckslayer79, Sep 22, 2003.

1. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

Hello all:

Need some help deciding wether to not to by the Glock 20. I have heard lots of good things about the 10mm round. For one I have been told that it has the punch of a 45 with the speed of a 40. Are there any special thing or problems that I need to now about the weapon?. I have the oportunity to get it brand new for a very reasonalble price or 465.00 with 2 10 rounders. Any and all help would work. I will be reloading most of my ammo. This will be my 3rd glock. I have a 19C and a 31. I have heard that Glock has been the only pistol manufacture that has been able to produce a 10mm pistol that hasnt had problems with frame breakage.

Thanks for all the help.

Richard W. Gullotto

2. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

RUN, Don't walk, RUN to your deal and buy it today!!! ;f
    you will never look back. Most fun pistol I have ever shot and very accurate. After that go to MCNETT'S website and order some nice hot ammo. You will be hooked before the first 200 rounds. Might as well start looking for a G29,I got mine 6 months after my G20. Very addictive.
    Are you still there? GO get that thing ;f

3. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

G20man32904,

I kinda figured that. I have shot a Colt Delta Elite before and absolutely loved it. What does the size compare to the 22 or the 17. My 31 is basically a 22 with different barrel and markings. I know that I can use the same mags for a 31 and a 22. Preban high caps 10mm mags are around 125 a piece. Can you substitute the 22 high caps for it or is the casing to long?

I wondered about the Glock 29 being hard to handle. I called my Glock rep and asked about a compact 10mm when they may produce one. He couldnt answer my questions. I figured a compact 10mm would sell like crazy?

Thanks for the input.
    Richard

4. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

Umm the grip on the 20 is a little larger than the 22 so mags won't interchange. Dont sweat the highcaps though, 10+1 of corbon 135's is all I carry and I have yet to feel "undergunned".
    My 29 is the perfect carry gun, small, light, reliable, and plenty of punch! As far as being controllable, If you can handle a 22 you will be fine. There are lots of light 10mm rounds out there and low powered 10 feels just like a hot .40. I carry the 135 grain Corbon's, and double taps are no problem ;f
    The looks you get at the range make it all worthwhile ;)
    somebody will always walk up to me and say "what is THAT thing,a .45"
    Thats when you give them the big ;f and say no its a 10 ;v
    let us know when you pick it up ;a

5. oneinthepipe

oneinthepipe

i too am thinking about a 10mm glock to carry as a woods gun for camping(lots of black bears in the area),on fishing trips in the mountains,and while deer hunting. what do you guys think. i'm thinking of one w/nite sites for those lonely nites in the tent in bear country. any input would help. thanks! pipe;f

6. MCNETT

MCNETT Load Developer Lifetime Member

The 10mm has the weight of the .45 and the speed of the .357 Sig! ;f
    The G20 is an excellent all-around camping and hiking weapon, I would recommend it.
    -Mike

7. oneinthepipe

oneinthepipe

mike,
    i will be ordering my g20 in the next couple of days and will be contacting you to get a box of the hunting loads to try out. good luck in the deer woods! oneinthepipe

8. JPhule

JPhule Gabh An Latha

I've been thinking about a G20 as well, as it seems it is the only modern firearm that could fulfill Bill Jordan's sidearm dream.

I believe he said a 200gr bullet at 1200-1300 fps. Sounds good for 10mm

9. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

Well guys she made it here. Put 100 rounds threw her last night. Wow. this just became my favorite gun to shoot. Now all I have to do is find somemore brass and go for it.

Take Care
    Richard

10. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

NICE Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
    It kinda gives you that warm fuzzy feeling to own a nice 10 doesnt it?
    :cool:
    good luck with it!!

11. oneinthepipe

oneinthepipe

my g20 has been in for about a week now. i've been out of town and have not had a chance to add it to my permit. my dealer closes right after i get done work so,i have to boogy over there tomorrow to pick it up. can't wait!;f

12. Timla

Timla

I lucked onto an older G20 that came with (5) hi-caps, three of which have +2 extensions.;b

I think a better comparison is that you get the ballistics of a 357 Mag with the size/weight of a 45, except mine carries 18 rounds...;f

13. duckslayer79

duckslayer79

Anybody try loading Alliant BlueDot powder with the 10mm. Man what a fire ball. Night Blinds are a pain but wow!!!!;f ;f

Take Care
    "duck"

14. gendarms2000

gendarms2000

I bought a 40S&W Federal Arms barrel for my G20 and now shoot $6.80/box 180gr CCI Blazer 40S&W ammo out of it for cheap practice.

You can get G20 barrels in 40S&W and I think another caliber or two. The 40 barrel just drops rigth in, use your 10mm mags and spring.