Glock Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Glock 20. It's big enough to be easy to shoot well. Having said that, when in Farmville, I always tended to pack a single action revolver in .45 Colt until the past year or so, and now, coincidentally, I pack a Glock 20... the extra capacity of the Glock 20 over a revolver has already proven itself extremely useful when coming across a large group of feral hogs.

·
Registered
882 Posts
You would be shocked to see how many people in AK have switched from big revolvers to 10mm. It’s almost impossible to find a 10mm on the shelf, they sell within days.

I’m not saying one is better than the other, just an observation. I carry a 29 everyday out in the woods. Recoil with Underwood is no problem for me. 5-7% less FPS than a model 20. Still going to come down to shot placement. Whatever your more comfortable with and can access better.

Just know your under gunned with any handgun in a bear fight. But I’m not wanting to carry a shotgun every hike I take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not in Alaska but the G20 10mm is the ONLY semi automatic that ever convinced me to carry an auto instead of a big bore revolver. Brotther Ted Nugent said that if you don't own a Glock 20, run to the gun store and buy two. He's right.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Go with the Glock 20 or the Glock 40. (Ignore the RIP rounds, they are for home defense) Also get some hunting rounds: Solid Core 10mm Auto
View attachment 1008590
Ditto... if you ever have to protect yourself, a box of ammo marked "RIP" probably looks about as good as talking to the police while wearing a T-Shirt that says "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out."

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've looked at A LOT of reviews and videos of the "RIP" ammo,
and it is just another (overpriced) "gimmick" round that isn't any
better than (even worse than) a XTP, Gold Dot or HST round,
and costs TWICE as much. The only thing "better" about the
RIP, is that it looks "cool" - no thanks, I prefer performance.
And "RIP" wouldn't look good in court if you had to protect yourself with it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts