Glock Talk banner

Glock 20 or 29

4830 73
considering a Glock 20 or 29 10mm.........Bear activity on the property. Only for defense

any advice?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I've owned a G20 and a G29SF...still have the G20, the G29 is long gone.

For 10mm the G20 is great, nice feel, good at handling recoil and an all around good pistol for it's caliber. I did not care for the G29...horribly top heavy even for a Glock and just not a pleasant pistol to shoot. Oh sure if you use wimpy loads it's not bad recoil wise but as mentioned above...why get a 10mm of you're gonna use wimpy loads???

I'm sure the G29 is just great for some people but not me...it was by far my least favorite Glock and one of the pistols I have never regretted getting rid of.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
If I could carry a G20 instead of a G29 I would, as the G20 (certainly) has
better handling and less recoil - BUT I cannot conceal the G20 acceptably,
so I choose the G29; it's "top heavy" because it needs to be, and I accept
the "negatives" of it (though they're minimal) to carry a higher power AND
concealable weapon.

I believe the "concealability" is really the "separator" (of choice) between
the G20 and G29, as the other "differences" aren't big enough to be a
factor, including the recoil, which (with a tad of practice) is easy to master.
Personally I'm not a big fan of 10mm or .45acp for that matter, as concealed carry options.

All the guns I've tried in these calibers were either big clunky pistols like the G29 or brutal to shoot like the XDs45. For me smaller lighter pistols in 9mm are not only easier to conceal, but much easier to control and shoot effectively in small packages.

I suppose if I was bound and determined to use a 10mm for concealed carry it would be a G29, but personally I don't feel the added power makes up for the negatives and prefer 9s.

For my needs the 10mm is an open carry option that I carry on my side for hunting and camping trips and the G20 is a better option for those scenarios.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
So if you wear it out with "hot loads" buy another one.....or is this the only pistol you plan on owning in your lifetime???

Owning a 10mm and only shooting wimpy loads cuz hot stuff causes more wear is like having a Ferrari and not going faster that 35 mph cuz you don't want to cause excessive wear and tear on it.

Why even get one in the first place???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.