Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Previously Joseph Lefferts
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a light for my G20sf (preferably a flush mount but its not a deal breaker for me) Ill be going on a 3 day 2 night hike soon and want something for the treck in the dark aside from my handheld lights. Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I should add to also pay attention to the switching mechanisms.

It plays a role b/c unless both hands are being used to grip the weapon and operate the WML, it’s going to make a difference.

See the TLR-7 and it’s variants use a push button style bar switch that runs vertically. If it’s long pressed and held the light turns off after you release the push. If it’s pushed quickly and released the light comes on and that’s on.

Now the X300 Surefire lights are different. The toggle I do like more but the light itself provides past the muzzle on almost every pistol type weapon. The exception are the long slide models.

It’s switch it a press forward to use temporary on and then you have to move the rocker switch up or down to engage constant on. It’s also universal on each side. Same at the switch for the TLR-7.

I hope that helps.

When I am home later I can put up pics of both lights on a G19 and you can see what I’m talking about.

I say this because I have large hands. Always wear a XXL in most gloves and that means for my to try and manipulate the switch on the Streamlight with only my shooting hand it’s awkward. It’s easier on the Surefire for me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a TLR1 on my G21, which should be approximate, to G20. Looks great with near flush fit. I have TLR7 on my G19 and it looks like a factory fit. I really prefer the TLR1 paddle control and the ability to easily strob, flash, or keep on the light with my index finger. The TLR7 has much smaller controls that I find more difficult to operate. It's minor but in a high stress home defense situation I know I would be able to more effectively utilize the TLR1 (Plus I want to put as big a bullet in my target so the G21 is in my nightstand safe).

You can't go wrong with Streamlight in my opinion great lights and good value.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Previously Joseph Lefferts
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a TLR1 on my G21, which should be approximate, to G20. Looks great with near flush fit. I have TLR7 on my G19 and it looks like a factory fit. I really prefer the TLR1 paddle control and the ability to easily strob, flash, or keep on the light with my index finger. The TLR7 has much smaller controls that I find more difficult to operate. It's minor but in a high stress home defense situation I know I would be able to more effectively utilize the TLR1 (Plus I want to put as big a bullet in my target so the G21 is in my nightstand safe).

You can't go wrong with Streamlight in my opinion great lights and good value.

Can you post a pic of your fw1 with the tlr-1 mounted

·
Registered
14,831 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Carrying a G21 would be seriously heavy and not comfortable. I would not have the fastest conceal draw with a gun that large. If you want to conceal carry 45 ACP I'd look at a G30. Just my two cents.

I think he is talking about a hiking/woods gun.

I don’t have experience with the other lights mentioned but the 1000 lumen Surefire X300 is a bad boy! If you plan to carry OWB then I don’t think the extra length would not sway me away from one of the full sized lights just to have a flush fit.

·
Registered
14,831 Posts
I

I Ccw my g20
I do too.
I actually do not usually have a light on it though. I just slipped it on to show the OP what it looked like.
That light is usually on my nightstand gun.

Reactions: LFRTS

·
Registered
14,831 Posts
Pl1 or pl2 mini?
I'm not certain. It just says PL-Mini on the right side. No 1 or 2.
It was the smallest one available at that time.
I wasn't looking for the brightest light, although it si pretty bright. I just wanted something so that when the raccoons invaded the chicken pen at 2:00am, I could see what I was shooting at.

Reactions: LFRTS

·
Registered
14,831 Posts
I am trying to envision an IWB with this configuration. Its a bit slow and a lot of stuff for an appendix carry.
I cary my G20 IWB, but not with the light.
I just swapped it from my nightstand gun to show what it looked like an a G20.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.