close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 20 frame availability

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Bub10x, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Bub10x

Bub10x

I am interested in getting a New Glock model 20. As my dealer would have to order it in I am trying to come up with the proper product number. As such I have a few questions.

I see product numbers with PI, PN, and PF prefixs can someome give me a break down on meaning?

Are all current 20sf frames 1913 railed or are some the single cut Glock rail? What are the Product numbers for each if both are available?

In searching I have found listings for fixed steel sights. I have never seen or used a Glock with them (poly, GNS adj are what I have seen/used) What are the advantage/ disadvantage, opinion''s of these steel sights?

Thanks

2. Morley Menthols

Morley Menthols

I see this is your first post...welcome to Glock Talk. I own a 20SF. I cannot advise you about prefixes, product numbers, or frame rails. I did order my 20SF with fixed steel sights because the front steel sight has a better looking profile (my opinion) than the standard plastic one. The rear sights look the same. The standard plastic sights work just as well as the fixed steel sights.

3. mdehoogh

mdehoogh

I believe the 21sf is available with the regular glock rail or the 1913 pic rail. As I understand it, the 21sf with 1913 rail was created for a military trial that has since been canceled. I wasn't aware of a 20sf with the 1913 rail option.

The PN, PI and such are serial number prefixes but I'm not sure if they're different for specific models or if they denote any particular options

4. Bub10x

Bub10x

Morley, I would think you would have an PF 2050403 then. (# should be on case) Is your steel rear sight have the outlined white U, same as the plastic? Also does the frame rail have a single cut for holding accesories or does it have multible cuts? Thanks

5. Bub10x

Bub10x

I think the prefixs are PI - Plastic, PN -GNS, PF - SF frame. But I cannot confirm it anywhere.

6. mdehoogh

mdehoogh

That could be true. I haven't looked into the serial number stuff much and when I saw the initials, I assumed that's what they were.

7. Bub10x

Bub10x

Hiredgun, Thanks for the great site. By looking through it I have all the number codes now.