close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Glock 20 cost?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by jimbo22, Aug 10, 2006.

1. jimbo22

jimbo22

Just curious on some cost input.

I am eyeing a brand new compensated Glock 20 with night sights, extended mag release, extended slide release, the plug for the bottom of the grip, two 10 round magazines, speed loader, and cable lock, rod and brush.

Total, without permit costs... $670.

I know I can find a used weapon for less... but am curious if anyone feels this is a good deal for a NEW weapon with these accessories. The base cost of the weapon was $530.

2. DMNSPD

DMNSPD Modified Glocks

Seems a bit steep to me. If you were to purchase the gun at the base price of $530 and have the exact same options installed after you could save some money.

Glock 20 (assuming no night sights) - $530

Night Sights - $80 (add a couple dollars if you need someone to install them for you)

Extended Slide Stop - $15

Extended Magazine Release - $5

Grip Plug - $6

All prices are quoted from Glockparts.com. They would charge about $5 or so. Giving you a grand total of $636 plus shipping and installation. Everything but the night sights are an easy install with either the Glock armorer's tool ($6) or a small punch. I've used both tools to install similar parts. Also you save on tax by ordering the parts from out of town (enough savings to easily cover shipping costs). This would be my recommendation especially since you can then pick the kind of night sights you want for your gun.

3. jimbo22

jimbo22

Thanks... the prices you gave were almost right on with what I have, except for the mag release which was quoted as $27.95 which makes up most of the difference in the price.
    The one I was quoted is aluminum... perhaps the $5 one is plastic?
    The price of $670 included installation... all that was left was whatever is left to cover permit fees in CA.

I suppose I could tweak it down a little bit if I find a few cheaper parts and install them myself.

It seems then, with the exception of the mag release, everything seems right on. I am not convinced I want to buy a used weapon... could save a lot more if I do that.

4. DMNSPD

DMNSPD Modified Glocks

You could save quite a bit more and with used Glocks you run a low risk of finding one that won't be reliable. The mag catch that I listed is the factory extended model. I would be weary of putting an aluminum one in. It seems to me that it would wear down the polymer around it or the magazine's slot for the catch. I don't have any experience with these but someone might be able to chime in with some first hand experience.

Are you LEO/Military/EMT, etc? Glock offers an awesome discount for those considered "first response" personnel. My dealer offers G20s for $459.20 plus tax for people who meet that requirement.

If everything is about the same I would say go for it as long as you are getting the brand/model night sights you want and consider just ordering the mag catch and installing it yourself. Its as simple as moving the spring that holds it and pushing the old one out and the new one in.

5. jimbo22

jimbo22

I dunno.. with used Glocks I am worried I could be getting one that ISN'T reliable... the reason it is being sold. With a new one at least I know the history of it... I am the same way about cars.
    I know I could save a couple hundred bucks though... so I gotta decide on that one.

I am about to attend a police academy, but I doubt I will get an LE discount with that status. Probably wouldn't hurt to ask though.