Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a G20 and was surprised at the amount of support when I placed a round in the removed barrel. It had much more support than my
G27. My G20 is a Gen 3. It put me off for quite a while when I read that I needed a new spring, guide rod and aftermarket barrel. So far my stock Gen 3 G20 is doing fine bone stock. Recovered brass even from reloads is fine, I am not trying to make nuclear loads. I think the popularity of the 10mm would increase if people realized they didn't have to put a couple of hundred dollars extra into a g20 to enjoy the 10mm auto.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I put a Barsto barrel in my G-20 so I could shoot 1200fps +ammo and use the full potential of the 10mm. If you are shooting light loads and see no drastic bulging, you should be fine. As far as self defense, you are not going to worry about reloading any way and the stock barrel will be fine. Have fun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am planning on working up to 1200fps with 180gr bullets, I got up to 1120 with no problems. I would agree that those trying to produce doubletap like numbers would be better served with an aftermarket barrel. I am glad I finally took the plunge with the G20, it has surpassed my expectations.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I use a published recipe of 11.0 gr of AA-7 Powder, 180gr Rainier FP (not RNFP), WLP, case OAL of 1.250. This give me 1200fps. A good load, big boom , and accurate.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maybe things used to be different by by Gen 3 G20 will give me 1250 with 180 gr jacketed and Long Shot with no pressure signs or bulge let alone a smiley.
Stock Glock is fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts