close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 20 brass question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by stewartnm, Apr 30, 2006.

1. stewartnm

stewartnm

Recently bought a new G20, all stock. I've been saving my brass to eventually get into reloading and I am wondering if firing from the stock barrel has made this brass un-reloadable? Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance. Neil

2. Brass Nazi

Brass Nazi NO BRASS FOR U!

I reload the brass fired from my stock G20 multiple times with no problems. As long as you are not developing too much pressure you will be fine.

3. Akita

Akita gone

I've reloaded 10mm brass 25 times and still have all my fingers and eyes. BUT, I had about 1/3 of the brass I started with at the end because I culled anything that looked suspicious as I went along. The brass was beat all to hell and back- especially the rims when I finally junked it.
    If anything looks 'funny' around the base(or anywhere else for that matter), toss it and dont reload that piece. Thats a good rule for any reloading tho.

(rem: the hotter you load, the shorter the life of the brass. mine was reloaded to ~550ft#s)

4. stewartnm

stewartnm

Did you guys get any bulging cases, my cases have a slight bulge, nothing too major. Is this something to be concerned about?

5. C.Smith

C.Smith Millennium Member

The bulging cases are normal to a point. What I saw with my brass was sprits down the side and occasionally I would see a small split or bright smile looking thing on the web of the brass which is near the base of it. I would through them away at this point. If you don'e have a reloading manual buy a couple and check out their pictures and descriptions of over pressure and worn out brass. That will help you out a lot.

I would do that before you even start reloading. It will help you in the long run.

Corey

6. stewartnm

stewartnm

Thanks for the info, I did pick up a manual. The bulging in not too severe, barely noticeable actually. These I will just use as plinking/range rounds anyway. That makes me feel a lot better.

7. C.Smith

Glad to have helped.

Corey

8. voraus

voraus

I have a G20 that I just love to shoot. I think I'm going to try to get into reloading for it. Thanks for the good advice.

9. C.Smith

Just a warning. Reloading is very addicting. I love to do it when i have time. Hope all goes well with it. If you have problems this forum can be a great help.

I know I have learned a lot here.

Corey