Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a new G20, all stock. I've been saving my brass to eventually get into reloading and I am wondering if firing from the stock barrel has made this brass un-reloadable? Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance. Neil

·
NO BRASS FOR U!
1,956 Posts
I reload the brass fired from my stock G20 multiple times with no problems. As long as you are not developing too much pressure you will be fine.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
I've reloaded 10mm brass 25 times and still have all my fingers and eyes. BUT, I had about 1/3 of the brass I started with at the end because I culled anything that looked suspicious as I went along. The brass was beat all to hell and back- especially the rims when I finally junked it.
If anything looks 'funny' around the base(or anywhere else for that matter), toss it and dont reload that piece. Thats a good rule for any reloading tho.

(rem: the hotter you load, the shorter the life of the brass. mine was reloaded to ~550ft#s)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you guys get any bulging cases, my cases have a slight bulge, nothing too major. Is this something to be concerned about?

·
Registered
695 Posts
The bulging cases are normal to a point. What I saw with my brass was sprits down the side and occasionally I would see a small split or bright smile looking thing on the web of the brass which is near the base of it. I would through them away at this point. If you don'e have a reloading manual buy a couple and check out their pictures and descriptions of over pressure and worn out brass. That will help you out a lot.

I would do that before you even start reloading. It will help you in the long run.

Corey

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, I did pick up a manual. The bulging in not too severe, barely noticeable actually. These I will just use as plinking/range rounds anyway. That makes me feel a lot better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a G20 that I just love to shoot. I think I'm going to try to get into reloading for it. Thanks for the good advice.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just a warning. Reloading is very addicting. I love to do it when i have time. Hope all goes well with it. If you have problems this forum can be a great help.

I know I have learned a lot here.

Corey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts