close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 20 and ammo availability

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tercel89, Aug 9, 2012.

1. tercel89

tercel89

Hi guys I ran across a deal where a guy may trade my G34 for his G20 . I have always wondered about these. I wouldnt mind it but I am not sure you could find ammo just anywhere .
    My questions is where do you find 10mm and how high is it's price ?
    I dont hear hardly any problems on the 10mm cartridge and I am pretty sure the price is high and I havent learned on how to reload just yet .
    Any input on this is appreciated .

2. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

Yes it cost more but , Its an great rd shoots very accurate short and long distance, online is the way to go look at Georga arms for bulk and learn to reload 10mm

3. Ya_Huckleberry

Ya_Huckleberry

I just got a G29 which is the compant 10MM. I found some ammo at a Bass Pro Shop store but they only had one type. It was Remmington 175 grn. They had a couple dozen .45, .40 and 9MM types and brands. It is hard to find but not impossible. Plus it is more expensive. There are some threads on here showing the different websites you can order ammo from. Just search 10MM

4. Breadman03

Breadman03

I have 3 shops near me and all of them stock 10mm. Reloading is how I keep myself supplied, though.

Reloading is truly simple.

5. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Practice PPU goes for $17/50 at Palmetto State. They have free shipping now if you order over $50. Most Walmarts sell 45 for more than that. Underwood has quality Gold Dot defensive loads for around $25/box. It's not that bad.

...and reloading is probably the way to go if you plan on shooting any quantity of it.

6. attrapereves

attrapereves

If you get a 10mm pistol, you REALLY should start reloading or buy Underwood ammo to take advantage of the caliber. Most store bought ammo from Remington, Federal, and other common ammo companies is really no different from 40SW.

I really like "warm" loads that run 180gr pills around 1150fps. This makes shooting pleasurable, but also is a fun improvement over 40SW. Full power loads are also fun, but they can be a hand full on your hand after a few mags.

7. PLINKING.40

PLINKING.40

Underwood ammo is the Cat's Meeoow. on 100mm ammo, most of all the other places I've heard is Not FULL 10mm spec'd ammo, if you just want something to just go PLINKING with (sorry just had to.hehe) then go with PPU or Palmetto or so, But my G20 is my HD EDC blaster so I want the full potent round for Zombies and 4legd critters, Underwood is where you stock pile for HD CCW rounds, it will range from $25 to $37 a 50rds box ,and with the shipping about $17.50 but if you by 250 rds or more the shipping is not that bad, plus Underwood is custom reloaded ammo with never fired Starline brass with the Highest quality Boolits (Speer,Nosler,ect.) and the BEST, CQ and CS i have heard of..I got some 1600 fps 135 JHP for carry and some 180gr1400fps and some 200gr1300 fps, FMJ for the Hoggs and forest creatures, and they are truley Chrony'd at that FPS..
    OOpps. just rememberd to get some 165gr Gold dots..

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

I would probably want to ask him why he wants to trade his G20 for your G34.

9. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Bingo.

10. tercel89

tercel89

I am wondering , maybe its the reloading or price of ammo ?

11. attrapereves

attrapereves

It seems that most people who sell their 10mms were interested in the hype. They shoot a box or two of ammo, then realize that factory ammo is too expensive. Also, they might not see much difference between factory 10mm loadings and standard 40SW loadings.

This is the reason you see so many G20 and 29 in the classifieds that are in like new condition.

12. B_RAD

B_RAD

If at all possible keep you're G34 and save up to buy the G20. IMHO EVERYONE needs a 9mm Glock!

I have both and love them but if I didn't I wouldn't trade my G34 for a G20. It's not that one is better than the other, it's a "I want both type of deal".

If I had to choose between the two I'd take the G34. If I had to choose only one glock it'd be the G19.

Just my $.02.

13. swinokur

swinokur

Georgia Arms sells 10mm. T

I buy their 180g FMJ for range use.