close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 20 40S&W conversion barrels

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Dwweeb®¿ç, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Dwweeb®¿ç

Dwweeb®¿ç ©®@©k3d M3mb3®

Where can I get a 40S&W conversion barrel for my Glock 20?
    Who makes the best priced conversion barrels?
    Who makes the best made conversion barrels?
    Forgive the questions as I have never bought
    any conversion barrels for any of my guns.

2. klmmicro

klmmicro

I bought mine through Lone Wolf and can not be happier with the overall quality. They had them on sale for like $70 so I bought one. Accuracy is on par with the stock barrel. The only issue that I see with the barrel is the OUTSIDE finish. The polish is not even and some areas are shiny while other areas still show tool marks. That said, the points that contact the slide (where it counts) are uniform.

I am normally a huge proponent of KKM, but the barrels LW offer are a great value.

3. Photocop

Photocop

Dweeb: As I've posted many times before, I think the "bang for the buck" winner is Storm Lake Barrels. I picked up a .40 bbl for $85 and could be happier with it. It is well machined, is at least as accurate as the stock, 10mm barrel, and it allows me to practice with cheaper, more universal ammunition.

I have no personal experience with either company's products, but KKM Precision and Bar-Sto barrels have a reputation as being the "Cadillacs" of the aftermarket barrel world and usually claim "match grade" accuracy. They might perform a little better than the Storm Lake Barrels (if at all, which I have yet to be convinced of) but since they typically cost twice as much, it's not worth it for the average shooter to spend that much in my opinion.

4. madmattmd

madmattmd

I previously had a Federal (now out of production) .40 S&W conversion barrel for my G20. It worked flawlessly.

I currently use a KKM conversion in my G20 for IDPA (ESP). It cost about $175 and I couldn't be happier with it. It was a no brains drop in and I probably have over 2K rounds through it without any issues. Except for the two boxes of crap S&B ammo I couldn't get through it (bad primers?), the gun will feed anything. Keep in mind that the KKM barrel has a matte bead blasted chamber.

I have heard only great things about the more expensive Bar-Sto conversion barrels, but they may not be a “drop in” fit.

Take care,
    Matt

5. bluewater

bluewater CLM

KKM barrels are excellent! I bought a 40 S&W and a 357 SIG barrel for my G20 and couldn't be happier! Call KKM directly and you won't have to wait for the middle man to order them for you. You may get a price break as well.

:)

6. Dwweeb®¿ç

Dwweeb®¿ç ©®@©k3d M3mb3®

Thanks for the replys.Looks like storm lake or KKM
    Will be my best bet.

7. gunmike1

gunmike1

I think they are out of business, but I got a Federal Arms conversion barrel for only $70 through Double Tap in a group buy. It functions flawlessly, and is actually very accurate with WWB.