close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 20 - 3rd vs 2nd gen frames

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 2ndMarDiv, Feb 15, 2005.

1. 2ndMarDiv

2ndMarDiv

I've got a 2nd gen frame and was wondering if the 3rd gen is a big improvement? I've got a 2nd and 3rd gen 23 and I don't notice any particular improvement with the finger grooves.

2. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

It really depends if the fingergrooves fit you. To me, I really wanted the accessory rail, but didn't really want the fingergrooves since they don't mesh with my fingers right.
    I know there are some internal differences to the frame as well, but I can't recall much about what they are.
    I sold my 2nd gen to get a 3rd gen and I wouldn't do it again...

3. biere

biere

The one internal difference I know about is that my lasermax for my 2nd gen 20 will need adjustment if used in a 3rd gen.

I owned a 3rd gen for a bit and sold it because I did not like the finger grooves.

Now I am most likely going to buy another 3rd gen and sand the grooves away so I can stick a flashlight on it and use it around my place.

I am very happy with my 2nd gen and may be shopping for another one since I plan to ccw with the 2nd gen. But the 3rd gen has some good points, mostly the accessory rail thingy, and I have zero problem messing with it.

I also might cut a 20 down so it takes mags from a 29. I will cut a 3rd gen up for that, I sure won't cut my 2nd gen up.

On the smaller glock frames, 19 and what not, the finger grooves work fine for me so I don't care if they are there or not. But the big frame is large for my hands simply by feel, but I shoot it well so I don't mind it feeling oversized. But with the fingergrooves the large frames just annoy me.

4. Chainsaw Maniac

Chainsaw Maniac

I'm just the opposite. I can handle the finger grooves on everything but the G19-sized Glocks. For that size gun, I prefer a Gen 2.

5. 10mmPhil

10mmPhil

The 2ndGen Glock20 is my favorite 10mm.

I got a 3rdGen to get an extra and get light rail.