Glock 20/29 and smaller hands

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by thelemite, Sep 22, 2007.

1. thelemite

thelemite

I am really interested in getting a 10mm to add to the stable. My experiences with an older G21 Left me unhappy as my hands were just too small for it. Is the 29 easier to get my hands around? Is there a G-20 Slimline out there? Otherwise I might be stuck with a 10mm 1911.

2. SAWMAN

SAWMAN

.....that the grip diameter of the 20 and the 29 is the same. The length of grip is different.

To me a 29 feels just as big(around the grip) as my 20.

Unfortunately,no slimline 20, but would love to see them put one out. There are several companies that will do a grip reduction on Glocks.

3. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator Moderator Millennium Member

SAWMAN is right, but some people with smaller hands do report that the G29 fits them better. Everybody has different shaped hands, and so, different ergonomics apply for each. Best thing to do is go to a gun store and try it. A G30 has the exact same grip if you can't find a G29 in stock. A grip reduction is not a bad way to go, either.

4. iholla

iholla Guest

How do the 2 compare to shooting? is one easier to handle than the other? i would like to get a 10 but not sure 20/29

5. kn38ms

kn38ms Glockaholic

I had trouble hangin' on to a G20 until
    the Hogue rubber grip was installed.
    My 29 has one and it improves my grip 10 fold.
    For me it was not the large grip of the 20'(I have small hands)
    but the flipping movement of the slippery plastic
    from the recoil gave me the most problems.

YMMV

6. kim1911

kim1911

I'm one of those. I used to have a G21 generation 3 and I was never quite able get comfortable with the grip, but I now have and carry daily a G29 and it fits my hand perfectly. Go figure.

7. Dobber

Dobber Member

I wanted a G20 but the bottom of the grip just didn't feel right in my hand. I ended up getting a G29 and put Pearce extensions on all six mags. It's become my favorite handgun, no regrets. If Glock ever makes a G20SF I will be one of the first in line to get one. I know the size difference is not much but the G21SF fits my hand much better than the G20. The problem now is I like my G29 so much I'm going to add a G30. I think I can fit one or two more in the safe.