close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock +2 mag extension on G27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ralph gonzalez, Mar 12, 2004.

1. ralph gonzalez

ralph gonzalez

I have a couple of questions on the older Glock +2 mag extensions (marked 1987 on bottom) on a Glock model 27. Is it legal to put one of the +2 mag ext. on a G27 factory mag? It increases the total capacity of the mag from nine to ten rounds when you do so. Has anybody used these older mag extensions with the newer mags and encountered any problems by doing so? (falling apart when bumped hard, etc). If you do install the +2 on your newer mag do you need to change the mag spring and if so to which one? (G19 or stay with G27 spring). I know many consider it a waste to increase the length of the G27 by putting any type of extensions on it, but I really like the way it feels with the +2 and I am increasing my mag capacity at the same time. I have been experimenting with this configuration and it seems to work very well but I just want to make sure that it is both - legal and safe. Thanks for the help.

2. Catshooter

Catshooter

Not illeagal. Only evil if you install one on a ten round mag, thus increasing it's capacity beyond ten.

That's the only question I could answer.

Cat

3. drstrangelove

drstrangelove

If the advertised purpose of your +2 is to add a two round capacity to a Glock mag and you put it on a nine round Glock 27 mag (they're all post ban), you've at increased it to 11 rounds; even if it only really holds 10, and I could see that, it's likely felony material. Using a Pierce +1 extension however will keep you legal on a 27 but not a 26.

My experience is that the +1 extensions never worked for me right, didn't give me the extra round advertised, but did offer a nice pinky rest. I also had problems with 2 of 3 Glock 27 mags not retaining the +1 addition without easily popping off under the pressure of a full stack.

4. ColoradoPacker

ColoradoPacker What's a Glock?

That doesn't sound right. If a gorilla can't force more than 10 rounds into it, it should be legal. With the pierce +1 I needed help to get 10 in, so he may be right and 11 wont with a +2 (which is designed for a 13-17 round mag)

5. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr GEC #15 sheepsfoot

Beneath the old oak tree at Sutter's Fort
    FWIW, and if I remember right, the +2's I've seen all referred to the thin 9mm's. When used with fat .40's they are +1's.

On my G27, Pierce +1's have worked fine. Scherer's (spelling) didn't work at all (for any of my Glock .40's) and were so bad I threw them in the trash can. ;g

6. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

Glock made at least three versions of the +2 mag extensions.The early one piece ones added 2 rounds to the 9mm mags and one round to the 40s.These were made to fit the NFML mags.Then the 2 piece +2 extensions came out for the FML mags and now there is a new 2 piece +2 extension that is shaped like the finger extension from aftermarket but these are from Glock.The new 2 piece extension do in fact add 2 rounds to both the 9mm and 40/357 mags.I'm not sure about the earlier 2 piece extensions.The new 27 mags with the latest extension will hold 11 rounds and they are designed to hold that many.

7. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

8. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

9. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

10. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

11. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

12. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Those pics should be sufficient to allow the federal prosecutor to get a warrant.

13. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I have the new #7151 on my G-27 mags so my hand fits, only holds 10, some of the early #7151 +1 adapters did not have the +2 in a box stamped on them, just plain. Those are the ones I use.

14. ralph gonzalez

ralph gonzalez

Thanks for all the info and pics. I tried the newer two piece version but I really didn't care for them and I also didn't want to make the mag illegal by turning it into an 11 rounder. I much rather use the older +2 marked ones that were made for the NFML. I have been using them on my newer FML G27 mags with no problem whatsoever and they bring it up to the legal 10 rounds.