Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone gave me two +2 Glock extensions that fit Glock magazines for 9/40/.357

I want to put them on a couple of 9mm 15 rounders for my G19.

Any experience with them? Generally are they reliable?

Will I need any other hardware or do they just replace the floorplate.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
163 Posts
most say just replace the floor plates. I think that is fine for range work but if it were me I'd put in the g17 spring in your g19 mag. They are pretty cheap.

·
308 Posts
most say just replace the floor plates. I think that is fine for range work but if it were me I'd put in the g17 spring in your g19 mag. They are pretty cheap.

I also add the plus 2s and used the G-17 springs.......ZERO problems
G:faint:

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
I haven't had any problems with them.

·
NRA Member
2,412 Posts
I also add the plus 2s and used the G-17 springs.......ZERO problems
G:faint:
I thought the G19 springs WERE the G17 springs.

·
you savvy?
23,474 Posts
i just bought an extension for my g26....it says on the package that it will add +2 rounds for the 9mm and +1 round in .40 and .357sig.....

i did not want any added capasity i just wanted a place for my pinky to hold on to.....but the store was out of the +0 extensions....

my concern is that the stock g26 mag spring is not long enough to give relaible feeding with the +2 on it.....i have not shot it yet.

is there an after market spring to ensure relaiblity for this or do folks install a g19 mag spring or what?

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I've used the Glock factory +2 extensions quite a bit. They feed just fine. I did swap to Wolf +10% springs to keep tension up, which worked great. I don't use them anymore though. I used them in a couple of instructor level classes, and had serious breakage issues when doing speed reloads and dropping mags on gravel and concrete. The standard mags can took the drops just fine, but the +2 bases started cracking and breaking immediately.

I shot bits and pieces of magazine across the firing line on a couple different occasions, so I swapped back the the standard floorplates after that. The +2 plates that hadn't already broken all had cracks in them and would have failed in short order. I've stuck with standard floorplates after that. It's not like 17 rounds and a couple of spare mags isn't enough.

·
20,407 Posts
Cowboy,

Your G26 magazines contain factory G19 springs. You do not need to change anything when using factory extended bases.

·
you savvy?
23,474 Posts
it is a pearce mag extension.

i did not know that the g26 used the same mag springs as the g19.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts