Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a Glock 19X on gun broker for $649. It was listed as "factory new" condition and the sale had a "buy now" feature. So After just acquiring a Glock 45 last week, I now have another Glock coming in the mail.

I am planning on sending this one to a guy who does great work. The company name, which is the same as his YouTube channel, is called FRANK CASTLE CUSTOMS. Anyone ever done business with him before?

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
The price sounds high to me for a used G19X.

But at least with your G19X and G45 you will never be confused by the (unavailable) option of using real G19 15-round magazines. :)

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The price sounds high to me for a used G19X.

But at least with your G19X and G45 you will never be confused by the (unavailable) option of using real G19 15-round magazines. :)
Mike-M, the gun I bought is not used. It is listed as "Factory New Condition" which is how all new items are listed on Gun Broker. But no, I don't own a G19 so I won't have the confusion with the magazines. In fact the reason I never owned a 9mm Glock before was due to the fact that the only one I had ever tried was a G19 and I didn't like the way it felt in my hand.

·
Old timer
14,770 Posts
I just found a Glock 19X on gun broker for $649. It was listed as "factory new" condition and the sale had a "buy now" feature. So After just acquiring a Glock 45 last week, I now have another Glock coming in the mail.

I am planning on sending this one to a guy who does great work. The company name, which is the same as his YouTube channel, is called FRANK CASTLE CUSTOMS. Anyone ever done business with him before?
I have no personal experience at all with Frank Castle Customs. However, his website DOES say this:

Stippling is a permanent modification done to the frame of your polymer pistol which will greatly improve the functionality of your firearm.
And that's just simply a load of bunk.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,246 Posts

Never purchased online before, is there tax on that? And what was shipping?

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have no personal experience at all with Frank Castle Customs. However, his website DOES say this:

And that's just simply a load of bunk.
I don't doubt that it is a load of bunk. I did not see it in his website because I haven't explored his website yet. I only watched a few of his videos, which popped up on YouTube when I searched the term, "Glock 19X". His was one of the many videos that resulted from that search, and which I watched. The work I saw was totally awesome, although unnecessary in every respect to the functionality of the pistol. The name of the video I watched was:

And I really like the way this pistol now has front slide serrations, the basket weave stippling, a mag well instead of the lip that comes on the lower front portion of the grip on the G19X, and the workmanship in general. Now I'm not going to have the undercuts done on the trigger guard, or the MOS plate, or the raised sights to accommodate the MOS plate and optic. So I'll be having a lot less work than what is shown in this video.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never purchased online before, is there tax on that? And what was shipping?
No there was no tax because I live in Arizona. Might be different for other States. The shipping was a flat rate of $19.95 via USPS. I thought hand guns couldn't be shipped via USPS, but apparently if you have an FFL, you can.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,246 Posts
I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm glad I got mine when and where I did though as I paid substantially less. Mine was less than $580 OTD. Only new Glock I ever purchased. And only because it was less than blue label pricing at a local shop.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm glad I got mine when and where I did though as I paid substantially less. Mine was less than $580 OTD. Only new Glock I ever purchased. And only because it was less than blue label pricing at a local shop.
You should see what these guns, and others are going for online now. All due to the panic buying caused by the COVID-19 Virus. I am not panic buying, just collecting as normal. I have many many firearms. So I'm not buying to defend myself during the upcoming end of the world. I have more than enough guns for my whole block. But this panic buying is really inconvenient because there are many people out there who are buying their first guns just for the purpose of end of the world survival. I paid more for my Glock 45 MOS last week, off of Gun Broker also, than I did for this Glock 19X. But the seller of the G19X is new and only has 89 sales (reviews) on Gun Broker, so I don't know if he even knew what he could have gotten for that G19X. He is a dealer out of Oregon and he may be out of touch. Looks like he just started selling on Gun Broker.

·
Registered
789 Posts
First of all... congrats on purchasing, in my opinion, the greatest Glock ever produced.
Second.... If you feel the need to absolutly send in your firearm to get cosmetic features added to it...DONT SEND THE 19X!!!

Send in your G45. The 19X has been discontinued and are becoming scarcer and more expensive as the weeks go by.
My advice is keep it stock, the most I did to mine was switch out the mag release for a Tango Down Vickers release and switched out the baseplates for Tango Down Vickers plates. If need be, I can quickly convert it back to stock.
Also, if you get any slide work done, you will be losing Glocks best finish yet. The cerakote that they will use doesn't even compare.
This is just my advice, but after all, it is YOUR gun.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First of all... congrats on purchasing, in my opinion, the greatest Glock ever produced.
Second.... If you feel the need to absolutly send in your firearm to get cosmetic features added to it...DONT SEND THE 19X!!!

Send in your G45. The 19X has been discontinued and are becoming scarcer and more expensive as the weeks go by.
My advice is keep it stock, the most I did to mine was switch out the mag release for a Tango Down Vickers release and switched out the baseplates for Tango Down Vickers plates. If need be, I can quickly convert it back to stock.
Also, if you get any slide work done, you will be losing Glocks best finish yet. The cerakote that they will use doesn't even compare.
This is just my advice, but after all, it is YOUR gun.
Thank you glocker1. I guess I'll have to consider all of that. I didn't know they had discontinued the Glock 19X. I like my Glock 45 just the way it is. Except for the MOS cut out which I'll never use so could have lived without. But other than that I like it just as it is right now. But maybe I'll just keep my Glock 19X the way it is too. Thank you for the advice. It's too bad that Glock doesn't accept custom work. It would be nice to be able to just send it in to Glock to have forward serrations done on the slide and then have them re-finish the metal with their own methods.

·
Premium Member
42,140 Posts
The ONLY person I would send a Glock to tweak would be our own TesasPOff the owner/proprietor has f Cold Bore Customs.

you are doing yourself an injustice if you send your Glock elsewhere

Reactions: Seaweed02

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,246 Posts
I agree with glocker1. As I said in another thread, mods, for the most part are completely unnecessary. Night sights are a legitimate mod on a Glock. The 19X has night sights already so that’s a plus. A WML if the user feels it’s needed for their intended purpose for the pistol. My 19X is my dedicated night stand pistol so I added a TLR-8.

And this type of mod can easily be removed thus it doesn’t affect the pistol in any way.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with glocker1. As I said in another thread, mods, for the most part are completely unnecessary. Night sights are a legitimate mod on a Glock. The 19X has night sights already so that’s a plus. A WML if the user feels it’s needed for their intended purpose for the pistol. My 19X is my dedicated night stand pistol so I added a TLR-8.

And this type of mod can easily be removed thus it doesn’t affect the pistol in any way.
I really like the way this pistol looks. I can't wait to get mine from the local gun store it is being shipped to. I just received a tracking number from the seller and it should be delivered on April 24th, which is this Friday. Looking forward to it.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
glocker1 that is sweet. Some of the pics actually look like they have OD green or deep bronze coloring to them. Is that just the lighting? Or did you actually have some back straps and magazines ceracoted? What type of base plates are you using on the magazines?

·
Registered
789 Posts
glocker1 that is sweet. Some of the pics actually look like they have OD green or deep bronze coloring to them. Is that just the lighting? Or did you actually have some back straps and magazines ceracoted? What type of base plates are you using on the magazines?
The first three pics are when I was going for some sort of "camo" look. That is a Glock OD green back strap and Tango Down baseplates and extended mag release in OD green.
The last pic is its current configuration - no backstrap and FDE Tango Down baseplates and mag release.

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Don't mess up the X with this gimmicky makeover. The 19X looks cool the way it is. I wouldn't let this guy ruin it. But it's your gun, it may be born-again bad after the work! Good luck to you!

·
M62/76
12,564 Posts
Has it really be discontinued, I can never find anything on that. As, for the 19x I would keep it stock and send your 45. I bought an extra slide for my 19x and had it milled for a rmr.
I’ve heard that rumor a few times myself and it doesn’t appear to have been discontinued.

Reactions: L-2
1 - 20 of 60 Posts