GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Triggers break in with use. I bought a used 19.5 for cheap. It had a terrible trigger. Now its broken in just nice. Squeeze the trigger now and no slide movement.

·
Boatswain's Mate
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I just bought a 19x, I want to upgrade the trigger, What brand would you suggest
I suggest just doing the .25 cent polish job that you can find on YouTube, and installing a spring kit that you can also find on YouTube or even here on this forum. That is all that I did on mine and it is great.

Although there are some who are going to say that all you have to do is shoot it until it gets better. And just leave it stock, etc.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
All Glocks have a terrible trigger from factory compared to other brands , in my humble opinion . My XDM 3.8 Compact has a much better trigger right out of the box (is so good that I have had no need to do anything to it) no and so are the all other guns I own although some are single/double action . . My Sig SP2022 on single action , HP45C on single action along with the Beretta M9 and 90Two , they all had better trigger that my G-30SF when new from factory . At first , I was , frankly speaking, horrified of the G-30SF trigger ... very vague, loose , very gritty, a total nightmare .
Incredibly , on top of it all , the trigger bar was also rubbing against the slide(?) it was really bad .
Even thou I read that Glock had supposedly fixed that problem by replacing the trigger bar and that mine had the "correct" trigger bar already installed from factory, it was still rubbing the slide .
It took me tons of polishing the trigger bar and the rest of the connector , slide parts , etc , to start improving the trigger for the better . I also got rid of the crappy factory trigger spring and replaced it with a NY1 trigger spring to finally , with even more polishing , get the gun to the way I wanted it for a carry pistol : a firm , slightly long , perfectly controlled trigger pull with a sharp , glass like trigger break and a super short reset ... absolutely perfect.
On top of that , I also installed a SiderLock manual trigger safety which is a nice addition and that requires no modification of the pistol . More safety is always better .
My G-30SF now has what I call a perfect carry trigger ... I am very happy with it . The gun is very accurate and the improved trigger have made the pistol a real tack driver .

21 - 25 of 25 Posts