Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maritime firing pin spring cups come standard on the Glock 19X. While still considered a restricted part, certified Glock Armorers are now able to buy these direct from Glock.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
My recent order from Glock for parts still required a letter with departmental letterhead from the specific LE agency to purchase maritime cups, or I have to provide 19X serial number for individual armorers purchase. This order was placed with the newest Glock armorers parts form that had all parts listed for Glock 19 Gen 5 and the Glock 19x.

·
Registered
33,049 Posts
My recent order from Glock for parts still required a letter with departmental letterhead from the specific LE agency to purchase maritime cups. This order was placed with the newest Glock armorers parts form that had all parts listed for Glock 19 Gen 5 and the Glock 19x.
Was that because you were placing an order for some MSC's just as spare parts for your standard armorer kit, versus MSC's for a specific G19X?

I noticed that after the standard Glock requirement of a signed letter from the Chief or Sheriff, they added the caveat that the MSC's for individual armorer purchase required a specific G19X serial number.

·
Registered
33,049 Posts
Are you guys really going to be firing them underwater?
Not for shooting Glocks under water. (But you know that, and are asking tongue-in-cheek?)

The advantage of MSC's are that they help water escape from in front of the FP.

The disadvantage is that they can allow more contamination to occur, and they can't clear debris as well (due to the cutouts).

If an agency (or military service) plans to utilize Glocks in and around maritime conditions, they have to choose where they desire to fall on the greater compromise scale of anticipating the more likely potential problems.

Of course, deciding to use MSC's may require more frequent replacement of them, depending on normal wear & tear (and distortion), due to their design (thinner spots), too.

Kind of one of those potential "pick your poison" situations, where you get to choose, but then don't complain about your choice if events turn out to make it a less agreeable one. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts