close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Glock 19

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by ArmedLady, Nov 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ArmedLady

ArmedLady

I'm so glad I found this site. I could have made some costly mistakes. The mags are FML. They have the numbers to 15 and metal showing around every hole. They are in mint condition as is the gun. I am apprehensive about selling it online. I wouldn't want it to go to the wrong person. Can anyone help?

2. hoppyjr

hoppyjr

If you sell face-to-face you may sell it to "the wrong person", however, I believe that most folks who visit here regularly are not those that fall into that category. Since there are always exceptions, you could require that any face-to-face transaction take place at a licensed gun dealer and ask that the dealer take care of any transfer paperwork and/or background check, for a fee of course.

If you sell "over the internet" and need to ship the pistol, you will need to verify that the place you are sending the pistol is a legit licensed gun dealer, who holds a current Federal firearms license. The purchaser then picks up the pistol at the dealer, who is legally required to complete the required forms and do the background check on the purchaser. This should cover the concern of selling to "the wrong person". I'm sure someone here can provide the link to the website that has a license verification option (anyone????)

Finally, while you do need to verify that you are sending the pistol to a licensed dealer, you are NOT required to have a copy of an "ink-signed copy of the FFL" as some people request. This is a good idea and is one additional step in verification, but the only requirement is that you ship to a licensed dealer.

Good luck,

Hoppy

3. rw229

rw229

Hoppyjr pretty much covered it.

While he may be correct about the legal transfer process, many FFLs will only accept firearms shipments from other FFLs.

By having an FFL ship your gun, he actually transfers it to his "book" and essentially takes responsibility for it. Once it's delivered to the receiving dealer, it's transferred to their "book" and they now have the responsibility of properly transferring it to the new owner.

All this adds to your cost (usually $20-50 plus shipping), but if there is ever a problem that involves that firearm, such as being used in a crime, there is a solid paper trail that shows you have properly transferred the gun.

I would check here: http://www.auctionarms.com/help/FFLNetwork.cfm or http://www.gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp for dealers in your area who will receive/ship guns. (Your local dealer may not)

Some may think this is being overly cautious and a waste of money, but I personally feel it's worth the extra money to ensure that I no longer have responsibility for the firearm.

BTW... If you're in the Harrisburg area, send me an email and I'll forward you my FFLs contact info.