Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2nd gen Glock 19 with NY Trigger. Bought in ‘01, it’s been used only for semi annual quals ever since. Night sights are dead. Any input on what it’s worth?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Your location will have some influence on the price. In my state, it would be around $300-$350.00. There are several large gun dealers who sell police trade in guns on a regular basis. You might do a google and check there for comparison. Depending on the manufacture date, someone may want to add it to their collection.

·
Registered
787 Posts
So...It may have some value to the right collector.

Some would argue since the introduction of the Gen5s, no finger grooves with a rail that has hit the value of the 2s to the normal shooter folk.

$350 seems fair without seeing the pistol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Gen 2 19’s are more desirable than some realize. To the average Joe wanting a Glock, yeah a $350 gun, but I have yet to see a $350 Glock. They just don’t exist at less than $400 in my area. Now, to someone wanting specifically a Gen 2 19, then it can eaily be a $500 gun. They regularly sell for $450-550 on gunbroker. I offered a dealer $450 for one this past weekend with box and only one mag. He declined my offer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Over the past year I’ve purchased three pre Gen3 Glocks: a Gen1 Glock 17, a Gen2 Glock 17, and a Gen2 Glock 19, all in very good condition. I paid $360 for each one. Last month I tried to buy another Gen2 17 from a local dealer, but he wouldn’t go lower than $365, so I left it on the counter.

With that said, as others have mentioned, the value of early Glocks can vary significantly depending on locale.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Sounds like a gen2 to me. If it was a gen1 we would hear about it.
I have two gen2 G-19s, two gen2 G-23s, and a gen2 G-17 frame for my Advantage Arms 22cal Conversion.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
All five of those are just good shooters. one of the G-19, is a 1990 mod, fired very little, all black internals, box, Non-drop free mags but it is still just a shooter.
I had thought about putting it back and see if it gets better with time. It might be a good pistol for one of my Grand Sons
to sell.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just got 2 Gen 3 Leo trade-ins from AIM $300 each.. One had never been issued to an officer ... fired twice by Glock factory, casings in sealed envelope and became a Safe Queen in the armory.
Other has a lot of holster rash on the slide.. appears to have been dropped (or used as a club) once, but not shot much. I'll either buy a replacement slide or send this one to be refinished. Serial #'s FNB XXX, born June 6, 2003 almost but not quite consecutive numbers.
There are going to be more Gen 3 Glocks coming onto the market because the factory is making trade-in deals with agencies for the new Gen 5 impossible to turn down. I would expect prices to drop into the $250. to $275. range before the current replacement budget cycle is over. But I couldn't postpone gratification.
Probably no Gen 2's, that ship has sailed. Gen 4's still a few years away.
Q. Anybody have a Gen 3 Tennifer black slide they want to sell ?

·
"The Goose"
3,424 Posts
Ive been hunting these the past few months. My first was a beautiful gen 2 17 that glock said was FUBAR after I sent it in for the upgrade. Never do that!!.

I got a nice gen 19 on here from a member for 400, but no box and papers. I suspect it was an ex leo gun, some wear, but a great shooter.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
it truely depends on the condition (rash on grip, rounds through it etc.), What comes with it (box, papers, cleaning brush, mags etc.)and over all local market. I bought a couple LEO trade ins from AIM surplus a couple Christmas's ago for $359. Gun and one mag. probably a 8.5 out of 10 (in my opinion)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts