1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was just listed on a gun form in California
Mike35

GLOCK 19X BAKERSFIELD
Brand new Glock 19X comes with everything from the factory. The mags are blocked at 10 rounds. I will meet one hour north,south and east of bakersfield.
Asking $1,800

·
Kool-Aid
449 Posts
This was just listed on a gun form in California
Mike35

GLOCK 19X BAKERSFIELD
Brand new Glock 19X comes with everything from the factory. The mags are blocked at 10 rounds. I will meet one hour north,south and east of bakersfield.
Asking $1,800
Someone should call the Blue Label dealer in Bakersfield and let them know someone is reselling Blue Label pistols. That's a violation of the purchase agreement, I believe.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
The definition of price gouging in California.

Prohibits sales of consumer goods and services (including fuel) at a price of more than 10% above the price charged for those goods and services immediately prior to a federal, state, or local declared emergency.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It's California. All their new gun private sales prices are probably ridiculous. I played around with a 19x two weeks ago and the dealer wanted $750 for it. Yeah, no thanks. Californians would've probably jumped on that "deal".

·
21,372 Posts
Someone should buy up a whole bunch of Gen3 19's and sell them as the Gen3 19X(grip) in CA, available in black!

Reactions: oregon9mm

·
Just sayin'
4,642 Posts
You got to pay to play in California. That's nuts.

·
Registered
344 Posts
All I need to do is keep buying gen4 and gen5 guns, retire to California and sell them all at insane prices. And any other guns not on their roster.
I looked at the Calguns classifieds. Some prices are "reasonable" given their situation, but others are LOL.

Springfield RO $1,500
Shadow 2 $2,300
PPS M2 $700
VP9 $1,000
P320 X-Five $1,700

These were just a few on page one.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
California has a “roster” of approved handguns and Glock gen 4/5 are not on the list, so the only way to get one is used via private sale from one of two sources:
1) LEO who is allowed to buy off roster guns, then nothing stopping them for
Reselling used
2) a private transfer from an owner who resides elsewhere bought legally then migrated to California with the pistol. ( unless a real unavoidable reason - military or gov job transfer, caring for sick relative ) not too many gun owners moving into California!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
In California, only Military and LE can buy firearms off the roster (which the 19X is...). Some "profiteers" basically buy some then resell them at outrageous prices. It's an embarrassing part of this list. The problem is that then the politicians try to keep people from private party transferring off-roster guns so no one who isn't an LEO can get them.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
My X-Wife tried to get me to move to California with her a long time ago. I had 18 years in my 20yr pension system. I wasn't going to loose that. Sure glad "for many reasons" that I stayed in Houston. I retired after 25 years, and living on that pension.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Typically, price gouging is related to essential goods or services and usually only occur in times of crisis, declared emergency, etc. A G19X could hardly be called essential, in anyone's book.

Buying a discretionary item at a discount because of your situation and selling it to someone who is will to pay far more for it, isn't price gouging to me, it is capitalism.

Of course, in CA for an exempt person to buy an off roster gun for the sole purpose of reselling it into the private market at a profit, is not called capitalism, I believe they call it a felony. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would sell mine, still new in the box for $700. I had an impulse when the dealer got it in and I just grabbed it. After that, in the car on the way home, all I could say was why did I do that...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,456 Posts
I feel bad for the Kalifornians forced to comply with their BS "feel good - do nothing" gun laws.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts