Glock 19 with Surefire X300 malfunction

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by ganymede, Jan 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ganymede

ganymede

Just took a new Glock 19 with a Surefire X300 to the range and after firing the first round, I had a double feed malfunction. I fired about 200 rounds after that without any further malfunctions. This is the first malfunction I've ever had with any Glock (I own another G19 and a G26) but its also the first time I've attached a weapon mounted light on one. Does mounting a light increase the chances of a malfunction? Just concerned because I'm considering making this setup my primary HD gun.

2. Conrad559

Conrad559

I think it might be the added weight/length of the light...i'm running a TLR3 (polymer light) on my G19 without ANY issues...

3. ganymede

ganymede

Thanks, I'll give it a try with other lights. Have you tried shooting your G19 with your light attached using your weak hand only or with a less than optimal grip? I think it may be a possibility that this was an operator induced malfunction.:supergrin:

4. Conrad559

Conrad559

i've only shot 10 rounds with my weak hand (w/ TLR3 attached), no problems thus far

5. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Since the entire rig is new, I'd suggest you place tape on the new magazines, and with a pen, make a mark on the tape every time there is a FTF event. You may well find all the marks end up on one magazine.

This is exactly what happened with Judy's new G19/LaserMax/SureFire X200B rig, and the five new magazines. We exchanged the faulty magazine and the FTF events ceased.

The light and laser have performed flawlessly, as have the other magazines--including the 33-rounder!

--Ray

6. AA#5

AA#5

My Sure Fire came with a warning about causing malfunctions in all polymer-frame pistols, but not in aluminum or steel-frames. Ain't worth it in a gun. Get a hand-held light.

7. EJP

EJP

You had one malfunction in 200 rounds and it was a new gun? No chance to see a pattern there that really would help to find the problem. If there is one at all. While my glocks have never had any failures, they can and will eventually happen.

8. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I have a TLR-1 attached to my G19 99% of the time and have fired about 650rounds with it attached. No malfunctions. Hopefully it wasn't the lights fault. Shoot another 200 flawless rounds with the light attached, and you should be good to go.

9. ganymede

ganymede

Thanks. I'll give that a try.:wavey:

10. ganymede

ganymede

That's what I was wanting to hear - other people with G19's with no issues. Maybe its because this is the first malfunction I've ever had with a Glock and I really need to reasure myself that this was a one-time occurence.

11. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

The Glock Tactical Light may not be the best or brightest.
    But, it's plenty bright for use in my home. I've had it on a
    G17, G19, G22 RTF2, G23, and a G30. Not a single malfunction!
    I'll trade uber weapon reliability for a tad less light!