close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 with 17 round mags IDPA

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Ian, Jan 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Ian

Ian Millennium Member

Quick question.
    Is it OK to shoot IDPA with a Glock 19 with a 15 round mag inside, and 17 round mags for reloads?

2. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

I think so, just don't fill them up with 15 or 17 rd mags. I guess you prefer the 17 mags for reloads, that should not be a problem because it will still fit in the box. Just don't add any + 2's to the 17 rd mags!

3. AggieMax

AggieMax DFW sheepdog

Like "don't tread.." said, as long as they have no more than 10 rounds and fit in the box, you can use the normal capacity magazines.

4. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..It's not a problem. I shot FL State IDPA w/a Glock 27, and used the 15 rd magazines to do my "reloads" w/or from the holster if I had run my 9 shot mag out.

..someone unfamiliar w/the rules might attempt to raise a flag. Just have your rule book handy...and explain to them "patiently"..

Good shooting,

Jay

5. Andy Holzrichte

Andy Holzrichte

I use G17 mags for my reloads in my G19 all of the time. I do it in real life & I do it in IDPA. The only comment I have had was when I start with a G17 mag the SO tends to ask if my mag is fully seated. Just remember not to load more than 10 (or 11 rounds if you are topping off initially) rounds in the magazines.